Wanna make money with my drone?

I don't care so much about making money with my drone, I would just love to be able to make a video that wouldn't cause people to go into epileptic convulsion...

Reactions: Saturn13 and Lamda
Haha! She does have epilepsy but hasn't had any problems in many years.
Just trying to mess with you a little but you held your ground well!:D
Haha, in today's overly PC world I was starting to get nervous, glad she,s doing OK with it, but I will hold off on any video postings till I get a little better... New to solo (and drones in general) having a blast, enjoying the forums...

Reactions: Saturn13
Haha, in today's overly PC world I was starting to get nervous, glad she,s doing OK with it, but I will hold off on any video postings till I get a little better... New to solo (and drones in general) having a blast, enjoying the forums...
I think we should stop worrying about being PC. Say what you believe and stick to you're guns.

I assume this to be the case, but does the licensed pilot need to be current to "legally" operate a drone for commercial purposes? My father has a pilot's license, but hasn't flown in probably 10 years or more. If the opportunity to film with the Solo commercially arose, I'm just wondering if I could get away just having my father be present. Probably not.

Man, more reasonable rules are sourly needed. Having flown real planes (small Cessnas) and RC vehicles myself, I can't imagine the skills needed to do the former make any difference whatsoever in the ability to do the latter. They're just so inherently different, with real planes being soooo much easier to fly than RC.

AHHHHH..... the trick question and this is how I am going to leave it...... AS long as he is a 'CERTIFIED AIRMEN" you and present during filming and shown on payroll as a drone pilot or your "go-to" pilot and he is keeping you clear away of any IFR airways and ILS airways YOU my friend are in the clear!!!!! I have been called in and have also talked to the FAA about doing that for others.... the FAA asked if the drone was 333 exempted and registered in that area-- WHICH IT WAS, and if i was getting paid as well-- I did--- $50.00 for 2 hours of shooting.... but never touched the remote....to be honest i sat back and watched the jet skis and boats and girls while he did everything.

Reactions: nexxypoo
AHHHHH..... the trick question and this is how I am going to leave it...... AS long as he is a 'CERTIFIED AIRMEN" you and present during filming and shown on payroll as a drone pilot or your "go-to" pilot and he is keeping you clear away of any IFR airways and ILS airways YOU my friend are in the clear!!!!! I have been called in and have also talked to the FAA about doing that for others.... the FAA asked if the drone was 333 exempted and registered in that area-- WHICH IT WAS, and if i was getting paid as well-- I did--- $50.00 for 2 hours of shooting.... but never touched the remote....to be honest i sat back and watched the jet skis and boats and girls while he did everything.

I'm not in America nor do I do this for work, but good to know. Although it's a little ironic, considering this drone is called "Solo". ;)

Reactions: Maddog
I have read a number of exemptions that were granted (actually they all read almost identical to one another) and here is what it says:

13. Under this grant of exemption, a PIC must hold either an airline transport, commercial, private, recreational, or sport pilot certificate. The PIC must also hold a current FAA airman medical certificate or a valid U.S. driver’s license issued by a state, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, a territory, a possession, or the Federal Government. The PIC must also meet the flight review requirements specified in 14 CFR § 61.56 in an aircraft in which the PIC is rated on his or her pilot certificate.

It does not allow the PIC to delegate piloting duties to someone else.
Did you mention to the "FAA" that you were being paid but did not operate the drone?

Personally I don't care, but if it ever becomes an issue, the only thing that will matter is what is in writing and approved by the FAA. Saying that "somebody" from the FAA told you it was OK, won't cut it.

Last edited:
Reactions: nexxypoo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig