Voice recorder in Solo app

Reaction score
What if the Solo app had a voice recorder built in to it allow me to record and save verbally the conditions and observations and camera settings of each flight either just before or while actually flying. Something along the lines of an app called "Voice Recorder" (no developer name, think it comes with the phone) that I already have on my S5 that can save the message, date, time, message order, location tags and even download ability built into it. Obviously I would have to go out of the Solo app to use it which probably makes flying temporarily difficult. I am a first time pilot down in NZ and I am trying to follow the advice of one eminently sensible blog in this forum by implementing a fairly rigorous practice regime so something like above would be invaluable for debriefs. Any aspiring developers got any ideas?

I use an app AZ Screen Recorder when flying my solo and you can enable audio recording. I've never tried the audio part yet.

I use an app AZ Screen Recorder when flying my solo and you can enable audio recording. I've never tried the audio part yet.
Is that an Android app? I haven't found an iOS app that will record the Solo screen while I'm flying.

I think its only for Android, I don't own any iOS device, so i don't know.

What if the Solo app had a voice recorder built in to it allow me to record and save verbally the conditions and observations and camera settings of each flight either just before or while actually flying. Something along the lines of an app called "Voice Recorder" (no developer name, think it comes with the phone) that I already have on my S5 that can save the message, date, time, message order, location tags and even download ability built into it. Obviously I would have to go out of the Solo app to use it which probably makes flying temporarily difficult. I am a first time pilot down in NZ and I am trying to follow the advice of one eminently sensible blog in this forum by implementing a fairly rigorous practice regime so something like above would be invaluable for debriefs. Any aspiring developers got any ideas?
Well yes... depending on your level of interest - seriousness, I guess - there are iOS apps that work just fine.
However. Apple is hyper-sensitive about screen caps/recordings, not at all like Google. So, pretty much the only ones readily available are of pro quality. And, of course, along with that capability comes the pro price tag!
I beta-tested such an app not too long ago - as a writer I often need to make very quick notes and catch videos (when I can!) so as not to interrupt the vaunted "stream of thought", which I'm not entirely convinced exists in the first place. Therefore it is often best to just start the flippin' recording and just leave 'er run.
It's the UX Recorder by Foraker Labs, works incredibly well, records the screen, a vid of you using it, voice and background, etc..
And, of course... it be pricey. To get unlimited useless it'll set you back sixty bucks.
Gulp!
One again, though, you get what you pay for. Still, you can try it for free first, then buy credits as you need them.
Just for kicks, after reading this thread I started the app and returned here. I've got an absolutely killer cold, haven't shaved, etc., so ignore my idiotic mumbling, humming, and whatnot! Hey, I'm just lyin' in bed here!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm not sure if I made my point. My thought was that if it is technically possible, a developer could design a voice recorder function that could be included as part of the Solo App rather than a separate app altogether. The function could be accessible as a small microphone icon along the top or bottom of the Solo app screen on the tablet and be available for use at the same time as the pilot is using the visuals and accessing the data needed to fly the Solo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks