video feed

Maybe I am missing something, but I haven't found ANY in APP ways to start recording the Gopro or stop it or shoot pictures. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. I also used a Note 4. I have to turn on the recording for the Gopro before I take off.

Am I missing something?
Ryan G

Maybe I am missing something, but I haven't found ANY in APP ways to start recording the Gopro or stop it or shoot pictures. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. I also used a Note 4. I have to turn on the recording for the Gopro before I take off.

Am I missing something?
Ryan G

Won't happen until the gimbal is attached. However, you can record video and pics to your device via the live feed.

I'm using iOS - iPhone 6 with a GP 3+.. I'm sure that's y my experience is different. However, if I do not have the exact settings as previously mentioned with my iOS set-up & GP 3+ - I get nothing... Finally, I had to turn on my GP and manually start the recording until I updated the GP's firmware. Then the record button became available on screen post firmware update.. Although, on my Last flight I tried new/alternate GP settings and the 'REC' button went away. Limping along and keeping it close to home. awaiting next Solo firmware update... Hopefully it's sooner rather than later...

I'm using iOS - iPhone 6 with a GP 3+.. I'm sure that's y my experience is different. However, if I do not have the exact settings as previously mentioned with my iOS set-up & GP 3+ - I get nothing... Finally, I had to turn on my GP and manually start the recording until I updated the GP's firmware. Then the record button became available on screen post firmware update.. Although, on my Last flight I tried new/alternate GP settings and the 'REC' button went away. Limping along and keeping it close to home. awaiting next Solo firmware update... Hopefully it's sooner rather than later...

I use both, iPad Mini 2 and Galaxy Tab S 8.4 with LTE and WiFi so I know exactly what you're talking about. The wire that connects your GoPro to Solo without the gimbal is for viewing only, doesn't do any controlling of the GP. The reason why your REC button went away is probably because your software update changed the setting from Record Video to Camera Roll setting in the Solo App.

Just to make sure - For the 'REC' button to be displayed on your FPV you must enable 'Record to Camera Roll' in the Solo app settings... Currently, I cannot get it to record to the GP SD card unless 'REC' on the GP is manually pressed prior to departure/take-off. Hope that helps

Reactions: thetac
Just to make sure - For the 'REC' button to be displayed on your FPV you must enable 'Record to Camera Roll' in the Solo app settings... Currently, I cannot get it to record to the GP SD card unless 'REC' on the GP is manually pressed prior to departure/take-off. Hope that helps

This is by design.

I have the same problem and have unfortunately broke the connector. Not a lot of force making sure it was seated and it bent 90 degrees, so be careful plugging and unplugging.

Reactions: CirrusPilot
Just flew and CONTROLLED my GoPro 3+.. via SOLO App on my iOS iPhone 6

Again, you must have enabled 'Record to Camera Roll' in the Solo app settings

GP setting this time around were 1080/60 FOV Med - OSD = Off

IMG_2156.PNG

You're not controlling your GoPro though.. You're simply recording video to your camera roll from the live feed. Essentially you're recording your screen that's why if you don't turn off OSD, you get all the junk on the video that's saved to the camera roll.

This is still interesting to me though. Thanks for sharing. I appreciate it.

I am not updating the firmware just yet.. Mine works fine right now and I don't want to mess things up.

Ryan G

This is still interesting to me though. Thanks for sharing. I appreciate it.

I am not updating the firmware just yet.. Mine works fine right now and I don't want to mess things up.

Ryan G

When your ready, I didn't have a choice, Very Easy to Update GoPro Firmware: Hope that helps! Cheers

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is crazy I also have no live video feed on my hero silver3+, and I'm running a Samsung g8. tried all of this. when I press in the left camera toggle there is a green flash, and that's it. Bored of flying by sight.... My camera worked on 2.7k all the way up till April with my note 4; but when my gopro updated to 3.0 firmware nothing, and rolling back firmware is not recommended! Lame

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anomaly.Filmworks