Video feed goes dark on iPhone when I try to record video

Reaction score
Recently, the video feed from my Solo goes dark when I press the record button for either pictures or videos. I have to land my drone and reboot both the drone and camera, and restart the app in order for the video feed to reappear. The GoPro (Hero 4 Black) and drone both work well independent from each other but not together. Drone still flies great, just no FPV on my iPhone when I press that record button. Obviously problematic when I am attempting to capture video or pictures. Ironically, when I download the pictures and videos to my computer, those images are fine but like the old days with regular film cameras, I don't know the quality until processed.

Anyone else experience this and have a fix? 3DR suggested I reload the app and ensure firmware is updated and they are. Thanks!

Known issue with the app. CLOSE the app when it happens - make sure you close it and not just switch out of the app and relaunch the application. Should fix the issue - other posts on here as well with the issue. I just start my gopro recording manually and then launch the app and it works fine at that point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig