VERY important if you fly on commercial airlines

This is all great information. Can someone explain what is required for the batteries to be protected from shorts?

Going on a trip through europe this summer so I imagine I'll be getting fireproof bags for the batteries.

Use a thick plastic bag per battery.

Add some sort of blocker material so that the POWER button on battery cant be pressed accidentally.
Tape the blocker material using masking tape or similar.

I have a dive light with 100 watts 18650 lithium-ion in battery pack & shrink wrap by the torch manufacturer, with freaking two circle shaped dangerous exposed + and - contacts, unlike our drone battery using female connector and its kinda hidden. Me scared of this powerful torch battery.

Since this dive light uses cheap method to power ON, which is simply spinning the head, I use 1mm plastic as barrier between the battery contact point to torchlight head assy when battery in torchlight and during transport. Its spare battery I use plastic bag, double and seal it from possible short circuit with foam and masking tape and I housed it further in a food container plastic box.

One thing I learnt, our smart battery will discharge itself to approx 50% level in X period of days.
I do not know Solo's battery safety automatic self discharging parameter of X days, but I am sure it has one ....as it can never be 100% full when kept in a mere 14-30 days. L

I do know my Phantom 4 bats will discharge in maximum10 days to approx 50% because it is in the User Manual. The thing is, the DJI battery when discharging, it get warm. I would assume Solo battery will be warm too, but I never have the chance to accidentally touch one when it is discharging, like I accidentally did with a DJI battery. So do not be alarmed by the warmth, it is not a short circuit condition but I think there is so sort of dummy load to reduce the battery power.

Anyone knows if Solo battery also get warm by the discharge process ? Maybe they do slow discharge and do it once every few hours and over X days ?

I think DJI method is like 10 days and then it discharges itself immediately till it hits 50%, and I am sensing at least +5 to 7 Celcius warmer over ambient. Its like Solo battery warm when in drone , Solo powered ON... but at stand-by only mode which consumes approx 1 ampere only.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks