Reaction score
Website
www.aerialwhidbey.com
If you are planning a mission for your Solo, this long thread on another forum suggests a way to show recent changes in a geographical area, relative to the currently-published Google Earth imagery.

The original poster was seeking a way to do a kind of time-lapse overview of a construction site by creating and re-using a mission plan that would avoid crashing into a newly-raised building. For example, if you have a nadir image of an area that you have geo-tagged with Solex, or you have some other geo-referenced image, you can use that image as an overlay. The general approach might also be useful when property parcel maps offered by a local government entity have underlying imagery that is old.

>Here< is a link directly to Google Earth Help about using overlays.

I have not tested the approach, so I cannot answer questions from my experience. There may be other applications for the approach.

(The thread on that other forum refers to functionality that is available to operators of DJI products. Someone on the Solo forum may have already explored similar or better functionality for use with a Solo system.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela