Updated App

Reaction score
Synched my iPhone 6 this morning and noticed that there was an update to their IOS app, prob same goes for android. Description said “bug fixes”. Wish they would have given us little more info for why the update? If anyone can find out what bugs they fixed, let us know. Last update was a couple of weeks ago.

They usually will publish something in the news section on 3DRobitics.com. Nothing there yet.

Synched my iPhone 6 this morning and noticed that there was an update to their IOS app, prob same goes for android. Description said “bug fixes”. Wish they would have given us little more info for why the update? If anyone can find out what bugs they fixed, let us know. Last update was a couple of weeks ago.

No updates for Android, checked last night.

Checked 3DR’s news section no mention about the update iOS app release on 7/10/15 to ver 1.0.2
Here’s a screen shot note the 3 versions

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-12 at 3.47.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-12 at 3.47.22 AM.png
    64.9 KB · Views: 10
Just got an Android update. Check it out, app is now 1.02

Hopefully it will address the loss of connection issue that seemed to Pop up after the first update

Release note says controller mode switch. Not sure what this means.

Did not show up under updates in Solo app for me. Had to go to Play Store to get it.

Beyond controller mode switch it does say various bug fixes.

Wish they would provide decent info !

Reactions: Droned
Now you can put throttle on right or left stick. This is mode 1 or mode 2 flight modes. Mostly used in Europe and Japan.

They also seemed to have fixed the bug where solo needs to be level calibrated but tapping the notification didn't take you into the calibration procedure.

I got excited when I read " Controller mode switch", thinking it was going to fix the controller to display in Meters or Feet.
Reading the replies here tells me this is not the case. :(

I mean, come on 3DR... it's an easy fix.
Just use that 1GHz ARM CPU to divide by .3048
It can handle it!

Hello guys
My android table is a Dell Venue 8 7840 running Lolipop 5.02
And for somes odd reasons i was not able to install solo apk from google.play
i had to relay on a site that had the solo apk the first version from there i have been able to install and run solo software
But now there's a new update 1.02 and i can't update
maybe one of you guys have the 1.02 apk handy ?

thx for the help

Hello guys
i had to relay on a site that had the solo apk the first version from there i have been able to install and run solo software

thx for the help
PM sent.

If someone knows how/where to download the .apk directly, I'd like to try to install it on a phone that does now allow install via Android play store.

Are there clear instructions on how to do this somewhere? I tried some of the popular Google found online tools, but none have worked yet.

Thanks

Hello guys

thx for the help

just join the solo app beta....then you can get the official apps from 3dr, even when they get updated (direct from the play store), even though your device is not listed as compatible....this is much safer than downloading them from questionable download sites.
http://www.3drpilots.com/threads/so...devices-not-compatible-with-the-main-app.281/

Lon, Thanks, that is a good video!

However I decided to try the Solo Beta app as mentioned by 1013D, as I felt it was safer than giving my google credentials to a 3rd party app (and easier than taking the time to generate a second google ID).

The beta app (currently seems to be version 1.02 beta) allowed me to load the Solo app on my Motorola phone that the standard Google Play store would not allow as it said it was 'incompatible'.

I just did a simple flight in my driveway and the app seemed to work. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig