Update from OpenSolo3 to 4 via Solex stuck--can't do anything

Reaction score
I saw some similar posts with no replies but maybe someone can help me. I attempted to update from Open Solo 3 to 4 using Solex but it didn't work. The controller updated fine, the Solo did not. On solex it said it was on the postinstall script forever and I left it that way until the battery died an hour later. Repaired Solo to controller, and on reboot it showed a controller version mismatch (controller was at version 4, Solo wasn't). Attempted the update again on the solo and it said it was successful. Power cycled the drone and its stuck on all 4 green lights and won't pair to controller. Stuck here--can anyone tell me what I should try next?

I saw some similar posts with no replies but maybe someone can help me. I attempted to update from Open Solo 3 to 4 using Solex but it didn't work. The controller updated fine, the Solo did not. On solex it said it was on the postinstall script forever and I left it that way until the battery died an hour later. Repaired Solo to controller, and on reboot it showed a controller version mismatch (controller was at version 4, Solo wasn't). Attempted the update again on the solo and it said it was successful. Power cycled the drone and its stuck on all 4 green lights and won't pair to controller. Stuck here--can anyone tell me what I should try next?
There is a tutorial that will get you unstuck. https://m.facebook.com/groups/soloflies/permalink/844982609537085/

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
No sure if you found your answer to this or not.

First; Power on Solo copter with the controller off, power on controller holding down both power and fly buttons until you see "Updating Please Wait this will take about 5 minutes" on the controller. Leave both controller and Solo as is DO NOT touch any buttons, after about 5 minutes the controller will show "Update Complete reconnect app and press A" continue waiting DO NOT touch buttons, you will here the Solo reboot and the controller will show "Updating Please Wait" once the controller completes the Updating the second time reconnect the app and press A button the controller will show "Detected New Solo" press and hold A and B buttons to pair, once pairing is successful you can reconnect the app.

Solo and Controller will need the "Updated factory reset partition script" installed and a complete reboot for the software versions to update in the app.

Hope this helps, I had the same issue on one of my Solo's and before learning different tricks to the Open Solo, I used Mission Planner directly connected to the cube and flashed the cube with 4.0.1 to bring it out of this state.

Additionally

If the above procedures reverts both the Solo and Controller back to 3.0 then your Open Solo update did not complete. Perform the update again but once the Update install script for the controller and Solo complete leave both powered on and DO NOT touch any buttons, after about 5 minutes you should hear the Solo click and reboot, watch the lights, they should change colors and should reach a fading blue/purple (Disco) state. Finish the update per instructions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc