Update 1.1.15 out

Best Buy and frys! I got lucky and pre ordered in August. Just arrived the other day. Must be sheer luck because I know a lot of people who pre ordered before me. I'm very empathetic for everyone. Hope you get one soon!
I pre-ordered directly from 3DR on April 28 and I'm still waiting. When I called Wednesday I was told "Yours will ship tomorrow" I have not gotten a tracking e-mail and checked online to see it showing still on backorder. Hope they are ready for another phone call in 3 hours!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Raybro
Thanks for the notice! Update with iPad mini seem to go smoothly - will take Solo for a test flight later.

I pre-ordered directly from 3DR on April 28 and I'm still waiting. When I called Wednesday I was told "Yours will ship tomorrow" I have not gotten a tracking e-mail and checked online to see it showing still on backorder. Hope they are ready for another phone call in 3 hours!!!!!!!!!!!
FYI, I have had my gimbal for 2 weeks now and my online order still says backordered. Also, I had it for 3 days before I got an email saying it had shipped with a tracking number.

Yes im using a galaxy tab 4. it hangs up in the same spot as the rest of yours. It did complete one time but it stayed at 1.1.12. lol. I guess they might have to figure out a fix for some of the android users.

tried that just now. Still no SSID. Ideas?
Any luck, Earl?

Everything was fine yesterday for me with the update - this morning, no Solo link network available.

[UPDATE] My Bad -- A setting on my phone related to WiFi networks had changed inadvertently - once I corrected that, the Sololink network showed up properly.

Last edited:
Any luck, Earl?

Everything was fine yesterday for me with the update - this morning, no Solo link network available.

[UPDATE] My Bad -- A setting on my phone related to WiFi networks had changed inadvertently - once I corrected that, the Sololink network showed up properly.
Well, yes and no. The controller is DOA. Not sure if it was the update or just a coincidence, but it very reliably won't put out an SSID or radio signal (Soloink network), although looking at the lights you would think it was, and I also still can't reset it, so don't know if it is hardware or software. I have seen it where new software excercises the hardware in ways it normally doesn't (like writing to EEE proms) and so it could be a hardware problem that showed up due to software.

The better news is that somewhere last night I recalled that 3DR actually has 24 hr service now. I called their support number and had a guy on the phone in a couple minutes (at 1:00 AM my time). We went through the usual stuff based on the symptoms, but he quickly figured out I had tried a LOT, most of it several times, and he just started asking if I had done this and that, and how..

Pretty quickly we got to the point where I made the case that with no WiFi, if there was no alternate method of resetting the controller other than that prescribed, even if it was software, I would need to replace it. They were very interested in the fact that I had just done the update also, and even though they haven't seen this elsewhere, I think they were a little keen on seeing the controller anyway. He wanted an engineer to look at it in the AM, but agreed.

So... I talked to an engineer this morning, made the logical case, and got an RMA, a label and FedEx picked it up a few hours ago. 3DR told me they will cross ship a controller to me, rather than make me wait for a repair. I haven't recieved a shipping notice yet, so it may end up going out to me onTuesday (Monday is a holiday here) though I don't know that for sure.

I haven't decided on moving the Gimble from the other Solo or pairing my other controller to the gimbaled Solo, and will decide that later. It is raining here anyway, so it may not matter either way.

Reactions: KRVer
Well, yes and no. The controller is DOA. Not sure if it was the update or just a coincidence, but it very reliably won't put out an SSID or radio signal (Soloink network), although looking at the lights you would think it was, and I also still can't reset it, so don't know if it is hardware or software. I have seen it where new software excercises the hardware in ways it normally doesn't (like writing to EEE proms) and so it could be a hardware problem that showed up due to software.

The better news is that somewhere last night I recalled that 3DR actually has 24 hr service now. I called their support number and had a guy on the phone in a couple minutes (at 1:00 AM my time). We went through the usual stuff based on the symptoms, but he quickly figured out I had tried a LOT, most of it several times, and he just started asking if I had done this and that, and how..

Pretty quickly we got to the point where I made the case that with no WiFi, if there was no alternate method of resetting the controller other than that prescribed, even if it was software, I would need to replace it. They were very interested in the fact that I had just done the update also, and even though they haven't seen this elsewhere, I think they were a little keen on seeing the controller anyway. He wanted an engineer to look at it in the AM, but agreed.

So... I talked to an engineer this morning, made the logical case, and got an RMA, a label and FedEx picked it up a few hours ago. 3DR told me they will cross ship a controller to me, rather than make me wait for a repair. I haven't recieved a shipping notice yet, so it may end up going out to me onTuesday (Monday is a holiday here) though I don't know that for sure.

I haven't decided on moving the Gimble from the other Solo or pairing my other controller to the gimbaled Solo, and will decide that later. It is raining here anyway, so it may not matter either way.
Way back, a few months ago I remember a thread someone started regarding a similar problem with the controller. The OP stated he split the shell of the controller and noticed the sd card had become unseated. He reseated and hot glued it and all was good.
Haven't seen or heard of this again.

Just completed the upgrade. All went well, no problems from what I can see apart from the upgrade wiping out the assignments I made to the A | B buttons on the controller

Just completed the upgrade. All went well, no problems from what I can see apart from the upgrade wiping out the assignments I made to the A | B buttons on the controller
I know...it's easy to change it back though. At least it leaves everything else alone.

Gimbal system improvements!

now... if I just had one.....:mad:

Hang in there, not vaporware. Preordered 3DR direct and on monday have the gimbal in my hands.
Anyone know the reasoning behind the change "Motors stop if you do not take off within 10 seconds"?

FYI, update on Android Note 4 went flawlessly, hostapd.conf changes appear untouched (I didn't look at the actual file but with a WiFi analyzer saw that Solo had selected the clearest channel for the area - not 6 or 11), flight was fine with no loss of controller or GPS, and GPS did seem to lock in quite quickly.

Not thrilled with shutting the motors down automatically after 10 seconds, however.
Easy update, quickly locked 10 satalites INDOORS. Never saw that prior to the update....

Have gimbal, but was NOT on Solo for update. No problem with updating (Tab S 8.4)

Haven't flown Solo yet...so unable to comment on changes..

Did need to reset A ro Fly manual again after update.

First flight after the update.....yes I pulled it out of the closet due to a no-gimbal strike.
Noticed immediately the GPS lock was half the time it normally was.
Also I am using Tony's FPVLR setup and can normally go out to around 3000' before the RSSI starts getting in the 70 range. I went close to 4000' and was just hitting an RSSI of 70. Not sure if it's the conditions or the update. It is very humid this morning so maybe the performance would have been better in low humidity.
Any way.....come to my house Gimbal!!! :D

I have received three Gimbels in the last week. I have an extra for sale if anyone is local to me and wants to come get it. I'm in Brea, California near Disneyland. I haven't installed this new update yet however I haven't even installed a Gimbel yet it's been a long week. Will be working in all of this today.

Reactions: Frank Biba
Ran the latest update and now it can't communicate with the gopro (no gimbal). It has the message to make sure its on and the HDMI cable is plugged in. Checked both.

I have received three Gimbels in the last week. I have an extra for sale if anyone is local to me and wants to come get it. I'm in Brea, California near Disneyland. I haven't installed this new update yet however I haven't even installed a Gimbel yet it's been a long week. Will be working in all of this today.
I am interested in a gimbal :)

I went to fly today and it never said I had an update. Did they pull it or is it just foe the gimbal (I don't have mine yet)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I went to fly today and it never said I had an update. Did they pull it or is it just foe the gimbal (I don't have mine yet)

That's odd. Were you connected to the internet?

Went out for the second flight today after doing the stick calibration, just because I wanted to do it.

Did my normal routine, GoPro on, Solo on. controller on. Before I could get the app connected it was locked and ready to fly. I believe that is the fastest I have ever acquired GPS lock.

I don't have my gimbal either. Are you sure you didn't do it previously...:D

Weird... it's showing now.. I guess I will do it :)

Reactions: Raybro
Ran the latest update and now it can't communicate with the gopro (no gimbal). It has the message to make sure its on and the HDMI cable is plugged in. Checked both.
I flew for the first time with the new update today. First 2 batteries, video came through on the tablet fine. Third battery, I now have what you have - no video. Been resetting and rebooting to no avail. Will look into changing the wifi hostapd.conf mod back or do a full reset to see if that gets me video back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150