Trigger for non GoPro

Reaction score
Hey

The solo has got three extra channels as far I know.

One is for the tilt and one parallel for the airbrake (or pause )
This two channels I like to use for a zoom (I like use a Sony dsc qx 100) . My idea is press the hold button and adjust the zoom. After pressing the pause button again I can adjust the tilt again

How can I get a trigger out of the third channel ? (How do they control the qx1 when it is used for mapping?)

Does anybody know how a GoPro is triggered via the port ?

Python script and Hero Bus interface

Okay ... my control of the qx100 is done by a raspberry pi . (Which I am unfortunately not able to program by myself. ) is there a way to get the trigger into the pi for the camera control?

If you can't do any programming it'll be rough. The serial port on the Solo's i.MX6 is an option, as is a GPIO pin on the RasPi, but both of those require some programming knowledge.

I have someone to program it . But he has not that much knowledge about the solo.

What has to be done in the pi to read the trigger out ?

I won’t be angry if I have the option to choose between photos and videos. (Both is given to the camera with a python script and the WiFi of the camera. )

The video live view out is also through the pi hdmi output

The RasPi will need to have a GPIO pin configured as an input and then will need to filter the input to recognize a PWM signal on the line. Then have your script trigger your device when that happens.

You'll need to make the RC7 PWM signal available to the RasPi GPIO pin. Should be two solder connections on each end [Solo Mainboard and RP GPIO pins]. Possibly with Pullup resistors

Not trivial but not super difficult either.

Do you know the signal levels for video and photo? Or how does the GoPro knows if like photos or video ?

My raspberry is reading one input and on one level it is triggering a photo and on a higher level at the same input it starts a video.

If I connect rc7 with my raspberry, which signals I will get for trigger a photo and for start/stop a video record

I think you need to do a bit of general research. PWM and specifically UAS standard frequencies etc are well documented. I'm willing to *help* you but I'm not going to lead you by the nose.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela