Travel time to fly

Reaction score
First post as I just received my Solo on Tuesday and haven't had time to fly it yet. I've followed this discussion from the beginning.
I was curious about how far you guys have to travel to fly your Solo's? I have to drive 20 minutes to get to an open area and for a 12 minute flight. I can't find any batteries to make my travel time more beneficial. I didn't even get the Bonus battery from Best Buy because they were out.

So, how far do you drive to go fly?
Thanks

nc

30 seconds!
I fly from home 90% of the time.

My helipad. As you can see I have some open area around me.

Keeps me close to coffee pot :)
FB_IMG_1435285102921.jpg

30 seconds!
I fly from home 90% of the time.

My helipad. As you can see I have some open area around me.

Keeps me close to coffee pot :)
View attachment 123
lots of trees around you just waiting to grab your solo.
where did you order your phantom 3 from?
did you get the phantom pro?
thx Don

Usually fly from work, at lunch break. But there are some parks within a mile or 2 from home that I have flown from too.

I can walk to a park and drive less than a mile to fly over the Delaware River. I snatched up as many batteries as I could, I have 5 batteries.

Why are you only getting 12mins of flying time though? I'm getting anywhere from 18-24 consistently.

I can walk to a park and drive less than a mile to fly over the Delaware River. I snatched up as many batteries as I could, I have 5 batteries.

Why are you only getting 12mins of flying time though? I'm getting anywhere from 18-24 consistently.

I was quitting too early. I was stopping at 40% before I realized I can go much lower without damaging the LiPo's.

lots of trees around you just waiting to grab your solo.
where did you order your phantom 3 from?
did you get the phantom pro?
thx Don
Never an issue. Straight up 80 feet and over and away.

P3P from dealer in MN.

I live in Iowa. On the edge of Des Moines. I feel fortunate to fly from home. My closest neighbors have 3 little boys and love the drone, and ask me to fly it when they have pool parties. Couldn't be better.

First post as I just received my Solo on Tuesday and haven't had time to fly it yet. I've followed this discussion from the beginning.
I was curious about how far you guys have to travel to fly your Solo's? I have to drive 20 minutes to get to an open area and for a 12 minute flight. I can't find any batteries to make my travel time more beneficial. I didn't even get the Bonus battery from Best Buy because they were out.

So, how far do you drive to go fly?
Thanks

nc
I do test flights on my (large) front lawn, and over the court in front of my house. There is a large park as well 100 yards away. About 500 yards away, there are thousands of acres of undeveloped open space. All within an easy walk.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44