Today's adventures....

perfect sense! thank you for the knowledge! i ordered 2 R11E-2HND and a DBS antenna so hopefully get better range :)

perfect sense! thank you for the knowledge! i ordered 2 R11E-2HND and a DBS antenna so hopefully get better range :)
Sounds good. I don't know what 2 "R11E-2HND's" are but I presume they are antennas.

The DBS I do know. It's a directional antenna, so while it may have more range, and more punch through foliage, it will be even more sensitive to the angle you hold the controller.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

--because people are lazy to read, i am re-editing......
1) ranger confused said i couldnt fly drone in park
2) police officer arrived and told confused ranger i could fly but not in playground, only in open field and parking lot
3)i fly drone to test "follow me" feature

(had to dumb it down for some of the confused........)

So I went back to another field. When I started to fly and initiated the follow me features, it was following me perfectly for about a minute then it lost signal and return to home. I drove back and found it perfectly landed right where it took off.
When you argued with the first uniformed officer, you started dumbing it down.

Once you climbed into your car with your drone in "Follow Me" Mode, you had really "dumbed it down."

You've edited your post and changed your story. You originally detailed how you argued that your drone was not an "RC plane" because the park had banned all RC boats, trucks and airplanes from the property.
I will not argue with you. You have your opinion of what is safe practice, and I have mine.
Flying a drone, whether in "follow me" or not from inside a moving car is not safe.
Good Luck.

Last edited:
When you argued with the first uniformed officer, you started dumbing it down.

Once you climbed into your car with your drone in "Follow Me" Mode, you had really "dumbed it down."

You've edited your post and changed your story. You originally detailed how you argued that your drone was not an "RC plane" because the park had banned all RC boats, trucks and airplanes from the property.
I will not argue with you. You have your opinion of what is safe practice, and I have mine.
Flying a drone, whether in "follow me" or not from inside a moving car is not safe.
Good Luck.
I haven't changed anything , I know my rights and I practiced them...in the same park just another section .....and just so you know...Google definition of "airplane" and you get
air·plane
ˈerˌplān/
noun
NORTH AMERICAN
  1. a powered flying vehicle with fixed wings and a weight greater than that of the air it displaces.
  1. which is theoretically something I wasn't flying
So before trying to troll and correct me, read up

Any further replies from people like you will be ignored from now on because you clearly don't know what you'relse saying ....you just believe you do....to everyone else here enjoying drones and flying , I apologize in advance for others ignorance in the matter...people like that make forums and communities look bad because of the constant trolling ....had it been a normal debate, I'm all for it , and if wrong I will admit to it...but to children or grown ups acting like belligerent children , I will not feed you anymore

Reactions: Burkeam
I haven't changed anything , I know my rights and I practiced them...in the same park just another section .....and just so you know...Google definition of "airplane" and you get
  1. which is theoretically something I wasn't flying
So before trying to troll and correct me, read up

Don't accuse me of trolling,

You are behaving like a child who feels entitled to fly where ever he wants.
And it is just idiotic to fly from an enclosed vehicle.

I will not argue your stupidity, only continue to point it out.

A feature designed to follow you is wrong?
Don't accuse me of trolling,

You are behaving like a child who feels entitled to fly where ever he wants.
And it is just idiotic to fly from an enclosed vehicle.

I will not argue your stupidity, only continue to point it out.

air·plane
ˈerˌplān/
noun
NORTH AMERICAN
  1. a powered flying vehicle with fixed wings and a weight greater than that of the air it displaces.
Read number two and then read the definition of airplane and tell me a drone is an airplane...nuff said

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,012.3 KB · Views: 2
aircraft

noun, air·craft often attributive \ˈer-ˌkraft\
: a machine (such as an airplane or a helicopter) that flies through the air

plural aircraft
Full Definition of AIRCRAFT
: a vehicle (as an airplane or balloon) for traveling through the air

No, it is not a pissing contest. Trying to educate someone so new to drones and RC aircraft that they would make the mistakes this person is making requires teaching. When the subject can't be taught because of his own petulance, it is frustrating, but still not a pissing contest.

I don't think many people here are fool enough to try to argue that a drone/UAV/Quadcopter or even an RC helicopter is outside of any ordinance banning "RC Airplanes" except someone without much maturity coupled with a sense of entitlement.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i have an obsession with trains

You are a danger to any other motorist that may encounter you on the road.
There is no excuse for this level of distracted driving. Sorry, that is just how it is.
Driving, looking at your radio and your display, driving, looking up at the drone through your sunroof, driving = an accident waiting to happen. You are a danger.

You are a danger to any other motorist that may encounter you on the road.
There is no excuse for this level of distracted driving. Sorry, that is just how it is.
Driving, looking at your radio and your display, driving, looking up at the drone through your sunroof, driving = an accident waiting to happen. You are a danger.

1: I wasn't looking at the controller , it was in my lap.....so that's that do you know the conditions of inside? How do you know someone wasn't with my watchin while I drive ? Assumptions make you look like an .....

aircraft

noun, air·craft often attributive \ˈer-ˌkraft\
: a machine (such as an airplane or a helicopter) that flies through the air

plural aircraft
Full Definition of AIRCRAFT
: a vehicle (as an airplane or balloon) for traveling through the air

No, it is not a pissing contest. Trying to educate someone so new to drones and RC aircraft that they would make the mistakes this person is making requires teaching. When the subject can't be taught because of his own petulance, it is frustrating, but still not a pissing contest.

I don't think many people here are fool enough to try to argue that a drone/UAV/Quadcopter or even an RC helicopter is outside of any ordinance banning "RC Airplanes" except someone without much maturity coupled with a sense of entitlement.
Right...now if the paper said "Aircraft" then that's a different story....but it said "airplane"....an airplane is an aircraft , a hot air balloon is an aircraft...a drone is an aircraft....a hot air balloon is not an airplane.....a drone is not an airplane...the more you try , the more you look like a fool....

In your own definition it says an aircraft is a machine as an airplane or helicopter. ..notice how airplane and helicopter are separate things....a quad is a multi rotor quadcopter. ....not an airplane......YES ITS AN AIRCRAFT. ...but the ordinance STATES AIR PLANE. ...not aircraft....

Right...now if the paper said "Aircraft" then that's a different story....but it said "airplane"....an airplane is an aircraft , a hot air balloon is an aircraft...a drone is an aircraft....a hot air balloon is not an airplane.....a drone is not an airplane...the more you try , the more you look like a fool....

In your own definition it says an aircraft is a machine as an airplane or helicopter. ..notice how airplane and helicopter are separate things....a quad is a multi rotor quadcopter. ....not an airplane......YES ITS AN AIRCRAFT. ...but the ordinance STATES AIR PLANE. ...not aircraft....

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.

Keep posting...

A feature designed to follow you is wrong?

air·plane
ˈerˌplān/
noun
NORTH AMERICAN
Read number two and then read the definition of airplane and tell me a drone is an airplane...nuff said
I will only say that you are arguing the law by strict definition and in a court of law with the right attorney you would probably be correct. But I can assure you that were trying to fly in an area that the original authors (politicians) had written to include all RC powered aircraft. It would not make sense to ban a small electric hand held RC airplane designed for a child, but allow a 90 size RC helicopter and 1200 size Hexacopter.

Reactions: z3r01
It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.

Keep posting...

Lets wade through this together. Your overly confrontational posts towards the OP are unwarented and contribute nothing to this conversation. Every thread here lately seems to be older posters gang flaming the new ones. Enough, please.

Reactions: z3r01
Lets wade through this together. Your overly confrontational posts towards the OP are unwarented and contribute nothing to this conversation. Every thread here lately seems to be older posters gang flaming the new ones. Enough, please.

"Gang?" ...looks around for someone to flash some hand signs to...

Sorry, If I read about someone flying in an unsafe manner or acting confrontational with the law because they "feel" they are entitled to fly where ever they want, I will call them out on it. If I'm met with arrogance and insults, I'll play along for a while.

Right now on the Phantom forum there is another UAV pilot who is arguing that if he shows up at a fire or accident before a news helicopter, they should yield to him and leave - "he was there first" he argues.

Tonight on the local Seattle news there were two drone stories. The first was a drone trying to film through the windows into the control room of one of the state ferries - a secure area that the news crew couldn't film. The second story was of two drone pilots who were issued $1000+ fines for disturbing Orca pods in the Puget Sound by filming far too close to the animals. One of the pilots who was fined has an aerial photography business and does beautiful work.
The gist of the news stories were the pending drone laws that "will solve these problems."

I just don't have patience right now with people who choose to argue and attempt to justify their own bad behavior when it eventually could impact us all.

"Gang?" ...looks around for someone to flash some hand signs to...

Sorry, If I read about someone flying in an unsafe manner or acting confrontational with the law because they "feel" they are entitled to fly where ever they want, I will call them out on it. If I'm met with arrogance and insults, I'll play along for a while.

Right now on the Phantom forum there is another UAV pilot who is arguing that if he shows up at a fire or accident before a news helicopter, they should yield to him and leave - "he was there first" he argues.

Tonight on the local Seattle news there were two drone stories. The first was a drone trying to film through the windows into the control room of one of the state ferries - a secure area that the news crew couldn't film. The second story was of two drone pilots who were issued $1000+ fines for disturbing Orca pods in the Puget Sound by filming far too close to the animals. One of the pilots who was fined has an aerial photography business and does beautiful work.
The gist of the news stories were the pending drone laws that "will solve these problems."

I just don't have patience right now with people who choose to argue and attempt to justify their own bad behavior when it eventually could impact us all.
i flew in a place where i was allowed to fly BY LAW and i already proved that to the board but youre too arrogant to accept it....now about safety, im using a feature developed by solo to FOLLOW ME....theres tons of videos of people doing this safely......AND i choose a time of day where theres litterally no traffic, as you saw in the video there were NO cars....im not flying into someones window and definitely not stupid to fly into fires and stop rescue from doing what they want to do....that jerk in the phantom forums is really dumb...but nonetheless , i know what i do and i do it LEGALLY.....im done with this and done feeding you...so this will definitely be my last reply to you sir....

Wow, I wanted to read about people's adventures and all I get is someone acting like they are the police and know all the facts before speaking, say your piece and stop while your ahead, I'm thinking your one of those hard core liberals that just can't stand for people having some fun.
Referring to the OP, I didn't see anything that happened that could have caused a person to go all political correctness on him.
I JUST WANT TO READ ABOUT PEOPLES ADVENTURES!!
Thank you.

Oops, sorry for the rant, I just realized I can click on ignore and they disappear, so cool!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44