This forum no longer properly works on Epic Browser

Reaction score
Admin people. On the epic browser, the window in which you add text for replies or new posts no longer appears. It used to work fine. So now I have to begrudgingly use internet explorer to post here, so I haven't been posting.

Why not FireFox? More standards-compliant than IE, and still runs light.

Admin people. On the epic browser, the window in which you add text for replies or new posts no longer appears. It used to work fine. So now I have to begrudgingly use internet explorer to post here, so I haven't been posting.
What OS are you using, Windows I guess if you are using the Internet Explorer. That's a bad choice of browsers.

What OS are you using, Windows I guess if you are using the Internet Explorer. That's a bad choice of browsers.
win10, yes its a bad browser, preinstalled, but its not my choice... currently only using it to reply on this forum.

And no, I'm not interested in installing more browsers just to use this forum.

Mozilla are one of the champions of standards that respect privacy.

Edge works far better than IE for anything except ActiveX, which this site does not use. Use Edge with Ghostery and NanoBlock from the store to keep yourself a bit more private. That's what I run.

win10, yes its a bad browser, preinstalled, but its not my choice... currently only using it to reply on this forum.

And no, I'm not interested in installing more browsers just to use this forum.
I would download FireFox or even Seamonkey and both are good on Win10. I've ran both on this Forum with no problems.

I would download FireFox or even Seamonkey and both are good on Win10. I've ran both on this Forum with no problems.
PaleMoon is a nice fork of Gecko/Firefox pre-Australis, as well.

Sorry, i meant edge when I said IE, for me they're the same thing from Microsoft, just a name change along with the update, one replacing the other

Anyway, epic is on the chromium platform so hopefully there is a fix that admin might consider in the future to remedy whatever they did recently. Me changing browser is a patch not a fix.

Anyway, epic is on the chromium platform so hopefully there is a fix that admin might consider in the future to remedy whatever they did recently. Me changing browser is a patch not a fix.

Never heard of Epic before this thread so I did a little digging. It's unlikely that web developers are going to go out of their way to support Epic. The code used on websites is constantly being updated for security and other reasons. It's the browsers that need to update to support changes in website code, not vice versa. Apparently, Epic is usually behind the mainstream browsers in doing so.

What is the Epic browser (and what makes it different)?

Reactions: EZL
Never heard of Epic before this thread so I did a little digging. It's unlikely that web developers are going to go out of their way to support Epic. The code used on websites is constantly being updated for security and other reasons. It's the browsers that need to update to support changes in website code, not vice versa. Apparently, Epic is usually behind the mainstream browsers in doing so.

What is the Epic browser (and what makes it different)?
The Epic browser is SUPPOSEDLY like running a VPN which is a joke! Anyone using Windows is being tracked through your ISPN. You want security,
run Linux. Running Linux will also not ensure that you won't be secure especially running Chromium or Google-Chrome. I suspect that the reasons
why a fella would have problems with this Forum is probably with a locked-down browser. You want security, use a VPN and subscribe and that's
not always a solution on the internet since NSA has infiltrated most of the browsers. The only security is to stay off of the Internet, "WWW" is all
tracked. People complaining about quadcopters encroaching on their privacy and yet they are on Facebook and social media, what a joke!

The Epic browser is SUPPOSEDLY like running a VPN which is a joke! Anyone using Windows is being tracked through your ISPN. You want security,
run Linux. Running Linux will also not ensure that you won't be secure especially running Chromium or Google-Chrome. I suspect that the reasons
why a fella would have problems with this Forum is probably with a locked-down browser. You want security, use a VPN and subscribe and that's
not always a solution on the internet since NSA has infiltrated most of the browsers. The only security is to stay off of the Internet, "WWW" is all
tracked. People complaining about quadcopters encroaching on their privacy and yet they are on Facebook and social media, what a joke!

You're right that the only way to be 100% secure is stay off the internet. That said, part of the answer to this question depends on your definition of security. If your definition is not picking up malware infections or having your information stolen. with some common sense and today's OS's and apps, it's entirely possible to be very secure.

If your definition is being completely invisible while online, that's a little trickier. Much of the internet relies on advertising for revenue. Much of that relies on targeted advertising, cookies, pop-up ads and so on which in turn means tracking your activity. There are ways around that too without sacrificing too much.

But to be completely 100% invisible and secure and still have full functionality on all websites? Pretty much not going to happen.

That said, this video showed up on one of the YouTube channels I subscribe to yesterday that's coincidentally relevant to this topic.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You're right that the only way to be 100% secure is stay off the internet. That said, part of the answer to this question depends on your definition of security. If your definition is not picking up malware infections or having your information stolen. with some common sense and today's OS's and apps, it's entirely possible to be very secure.

If your definition is being completely invisible while online, that's a little trickier. Much of the internet relies on advertising for revenue. Much of that relies on targeted advertising, cookies, pop-up ads and so on which in turn means tracking your activity. There are ways around that too without sacrificing too much.

But to be completely 100% invisible and secure and still have full functionality on all websites? Pretty much not going to happen.

That said, this video showed up on one of the YouTube channels I subscribe to yesterday that's coincidentally relevant to this topic.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Check this out: Best Advice While Browsing: Stay Private, Stay Safe

Reactions: Thorsg1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela