Thinking of jumping in ... your opinion?

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm a happy DJI Phantom 3 owner thinking of adding Solo to my stable. I have a few 'concerns' and would value opinions you may have based on your real life experience (assuming you already OWN and FLY a Solo):

* Range - I can live with a half mile range so long as you are actually getting a half mile. Are you able to keep in touch with Solo for 2600 feet consistently, and receive solid video back over that distance? I've read several 'connectivity issue' posts and wonder if they are the exception?

* RTH height - a return to home flight at 49 feet height is simply an unacceptable disaster waiting to happen. Are you not able to modify the RTH height?

* Firmware bug - (also called a 'GPS bug') reported to cause issues (a crash) during 'Orbit' flights. Has it been fixed?

Many Thanks!
Gary

* Range - I can live with a half mile range so long as you are actually getting a half mile. Are you able to keep in touch with Solo for 2600 feet consistently, and receive solid video back over that distance? I've read several 'connectivity issue' posts and wonder if they are the exception?

Some are having troubles at about 1500' I just flew 4200' five minutes ago. I have been in the 3000 - 4000' range a couple times. I only have five flights on mine :) Aircraft pitch seems to be critical. Going slow and keeping the aircraft as level as possible helps.

* RTH height - a return to home flight at 49 feet height is simply an unacceptable disaster waiting to happen. Are you not able to modify the RTH height?

Rumor has it that 3DR is going to make that adjustable. However I just went into to the Tower app and changed mine to 250' today. As you said 49' does not cut it.

* Firmware bug - (also called a 'GPS bug') reported to cause issues (a crash) during 'Orbit' flights. Has it been fixed?

That I cant answer. Not something I have experienced yet but I think I saw someone in a video say that 3DR was fixing that. Unfortunately 3DR just shows "bug fixes" on update and not what it was.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421