The Gopro Session

my immediate issue with it is that it has an integrated internal battery that must be recharged through usb or wall adapter. not so good when compared to simply swapping out for a new battery

With how small and light the standard gopro is I don't see it mattering to consumer ap/av but for mini quads it will work much better.

I don't mind integrated batteries, and I can never get the battery out of my Hero 3 anyway. I can't get the SOLO in the UK yet but does it not power the camera anyway?

Saw the specs. Not as good as the Hero4 Silver. No swappable battery. I like the concept of a smaller, more aerodynamic design, but I doubt it'll sell much.

Much rather have one with a rect lens or changeable lenses maybe, beside being less capable and the integrated single battery, less time recording on the battery, having to use a device to change anything on it, it seems at least for me gopro hero4 black is plenty small and way better in every way. I'd even rather have a cosmetic, or style change to my hero than this honestly. Hero looks kinda like it should be on the Delorians dashboard honestly even matches the color perfectly.

I see this flopping unless people with more money than sense just want the newest thing. If you have a use for it great but beside mini quads which are cheaper than the camera mostly can anybody think of a use that our current cams wouldn't be fine on. Even at 60 percent of the weight 60 percent of next to nothing really doesn't seem like a big deal. Just an opinion though maybe some niche market has been waiting for it and is exited. Just got the email announcement on this thing this morning.

Saw the specs. Not as good as the Hero4 Silver. No swappable battery. I like the concept of a smaller, more aerodynamic design, but I doubt it'll sell much.

Especially not when you can get the 4 black for the same price and silver for less, cut the price in half maybe, still not me but maybe somebody.

Agreed that a lens without fish eye distortion would have been the preferred innovation.

Does the SOLO not power the go pro so the integrated battery is only a concern if you are putting this on a selfie stick or your head?

Does the SOLO not power the go pro so the integrated battery is only a concern if you are putting this on a selfie stick or your head?[/QU

apparently that is the plan with the gimbal that should be coming out....

Agreed that a lens without fish eye distortion would have been the preferred innovation.

Does the SOLO not power the go pro so the integrated battery is only a concern if you are putting this on a selfie stick or your head?
Well yes and no it will power it and control everything once we get our gimbal but for now it's all battery power, only thing the cable does is route the video to the controller and device.

So in all reality solo would be the only thing I'd even think about using this on if I was given one, since I'd have power and control through it instead of the need to pair every time I wanted to change modes or settings. Well if there was a dedicated solo/session gimbal that is, I'd say very unlikely anybody makes a gimbal for the 11 of these that they sell.

From the facebook page, the post with the picture of the fireworks, they say the Session is not supported by the Solo at this time. I would think the code would be the same. I guess not.

https://www.facebook.com/3drobotics?ref=profile
I don't believe the Session has the necessary ports for controlled access like the Hero series, so there would be no way to control it. But other cameras have been used on the Solo but only with a video out feed, just as we currently have with the GoPro.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44