Temporary Gimbal Solution

No leg extensions. The solo hdmi cable, I replaced with a micro to hdmi cable and used a female to female connector. On the GoPro I used a ribbon cable hdmi for flex. Works great till I get solo gimbal in.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 3.jpg
    FullSizeRender 3.jpg
    1,013.1 KB · Views: 34
  • smRender 4.jpg
    smRender 4.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 31
  • smRender 2.jpg
    smRender 2.jpg
    373.8 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: aggravated...
No leg extensions. The solo hdmi cable, I replaced with a micro to hdmi cable and used a female to female connector. On the GoPro I used a ribbon cable hdmi for flex. Works great till I get solo gimbal in.

Excellent, is the mounting plate custom or is that a standard Tarot mount? Can you provide links for what it took to put this together? What was the specific Tarot model did you use? I would like to go ahead and try to order everything today.

Thanks Al for sharing. I will be sure to send you some links to some decent videos when I'm up and running.

I used a tarot gimbal from 3DR. You can get it for less on the internet and download firmware from 3dr or use what's on the unit. Flex (ribbon cable) most of the fpv hobby shops will carry them. Make sure the micro end has a 90 on it. As for the mount, I printed a replacement mount for the 3dr solo GoPro.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 5.jpg
    FullSizeRender 5.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 17
  • FullSizeRender 6.jpg
    FullSizeRender 6.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 16
I used a tarot gimbal from 3DR. You can get it for less on the internet and download firmware from 3dr or use what's on the unit. Flex (ribbon cable) most of the fpv hobby shops will carry them. Make sure the micro end has a 90 on it. As for the mount, I printed a replacement mount for the 3dr solo GoPro.

Thanks Al. No 3D printer here so I'm back to square one. I watched a video earlier this morning that showed a Tarot 2D being used on a Solo with no extension legs so I reached out to him as well asking how he mounted his.

Where are you located? I can send you a mount, actually the one in the photo. I printed more than one. The mount or 3d file, I uploaded to Thingiverse. Tag Solo 3dr

That would be awesome. Just sent you my name and address. I'll go ahead and order the other items.

>The solo hdmi cable, I replaced with a micro to hdmi cable
Was that from the circuit board or did you go from the end of the existing Solo micro hdmi with a micro female to a standard hdmi male and then

>used a female to female connector.
and then

>On the GoPro I used a ribbon cable hdmi for flex.

A micro to hdmi cable short as possible, then you don't need a female hdmi. Just plug ribbon cable into the hdmi cable. Be sure that the flex cable is long enough to to reach the hdmi cable inside of solo. This setup will save room and weight.

Cable from sfcable.com
Part - SF-HDM2AF SF

Attachments

• SF-HDM2AF_001_340x340.jpg
    SF-HDM2AF_001_340x340.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Screen Shot 2015-08-11 at 8.55.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-11 at 8.55.30 AM.png
    99.6 KB · Views: 16
A micro to hdmi cable short as possible, then you don't need a female hdmi. Just plug ribbon cable into the hdmi cable. Be sure that the flex cable is long enough to to reach the hdmi cable inside of solo. This setup will save room and weight.

Cable from sfcable.com
Part - SF-HDM2AF SF

I'm trying to to find something like this that is amazon prime so I can get it in two days time but I'm not having any luck. It would only take one cable as long as it was long enough and 30cm should be long enough.

I have looked for a micro to micro ribbon but none available. Most common is micro to hdmi or mini to hdmi, but not micro to micro. Micro to micro is the way to go, if you can find it?

Can anybody provide us with a picture of how the tarot controller is electrically connected to Solo? And also how it is physically mounted?

Can anybody provide us with a picture of how the tarot controller is electrically connected to Solo? And also how it is physically mounted?
It takes a special mounting plate as shown earlier in this thread. You take the existing Solo camera mount off, mount this plate to the bottom of it and then re attach it to the Solo. It's a little tricky but doable. As for connecting it you need to go from the existing camera hdmi and extend it so the gimbal can move freely.

Al is the man if you want a plate, if you have a printer he may be able to send you the file.

Hope this helps.

Thanks! Al was kind to provide me with a 3d printed plate. My question is how is the tarot controller getting power? and where is it mounted? A picture is worth a 1000 words :)

Thanks! Al was kind to provide me with a 3d printed plate. My question is how is the tarot controller getting power? and where is it mounted? A picture is worth a 1000 words :)
I already have the Solo Gimbal so I took the Tarot off. I took one pic before I took it off but I'm not sure it will help you any. Here you go, gotta run. 20150902_133209.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig