Temporary Gimbal Solution

Reaction score
For those wanting an interim solution to the gimbal issue, I've come up with a bracket to mount a Tarot 2D gimbal to the SOLO. I've made 2 configurations. The first has it's own battery tray and will not affect the warranty. The second does not as I am trying to work with 3DR to use the GoPro connection in the SOLO, and hopefully with their sanction, I can eliminate the need to mount a battery. I've also made extension legs and attached a photo.

The bracket and legs are white to be able to see it mounted, however I will produce them in black.

If anyone is interested, I am making this bracket to mount your Tarot 2D gimbal to the SOLO for only $20.00 Although this solution won't offer the features that the 3DR gimbal will have, it will at least offer the ability to have gimbal stabilized video now. If you are interested please email me.
[email protected]

Attachments

• Plates small.jpg
    Plates small.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 123
  • Solo Small.jpg
    Solo Small.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 127
For those wanting an interim solution to the gimbal issue, I've come up with a bracket to mount a Tarot 2D gimbal to the SOLO. I've made 2 configurations. The first has it's own battery tray and will not affect the warranty. The second does not as I am trying to work with 3DR to use the GoPro connection in the SOLO, and hopefully with their sanction, I can eliminate the need to mount a battery. I've also made extension legs and attached a photo.

The bracket and legs are white to be able to see it mounted, however I will produce them in black.

If anyone is interested, I am making this bracket to mount your Tarot 2D gimbal to the SOLO for only $20.00 Although this solution won't offer the features that the 3DR gimbal will have, it will at least offer the ability to have gimbal stabilized video now. If you are interested please email me.
[email protected]

Nicely done. Any thoughts on getting the Tarot controller hooked up to the Solo receiver for Tilt control?

I don't know why it would need a blessing. They have briefly mentioned a 'Made for Solo' type of program:
http://diydrones.com/group/solo/forum/topics/rules-restrictions-for-designing-add-on-products-accessories-for?commentId=705844:Comment:2057336&groupId=705844:Group:1960722

and the Pixhawk already can talk to things like this.

I think the connections have already been documented, but I don't know how easy it will be to find the proper connectors and cables.

I don't think it's too hard.
From what they have told me , if you plug in anything to the electronics of solo without their ok it would void the warranty otherwise it should be pretty easy

Here's a video I shot today with my Tarrot gimbal. Winds were 15mph gusting to 25 so I also ran it through warp stabilizer because being so well organized and not having used this gimbal for over a year I couldn't find my usb cable to bump up the power to the motors
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think the leg extension will come very handy when the gimba is attached, are you going to sell them alone? If so, I want to buy them. how do I order them?

[email protected]

Here's a video I shot today with my Tarrot gimbal. Winds were 15mph gusting to 25 so I also ran it through warp stabilizer because being so well organized and not having used this gimbal for over a year I couldn't find my usb cable to bump up the power to the motors
Sweet. Nice work!

Here is my morning flight. Raw almost unedited (just cut out the dead spots while programing mission and the glare off my partially bald head, I didn't want to blind anybody). There is a slight bit of jitter when I turn into the wind, have to do some tuning

Reactions: SteveMyers75
Looks 100% better than the couple of hours worth of video I deleted this morning because of all the jittering. Keep up the good work.

I think the leg extension will come very handy when the gimba is attached, are you going to sell them alone? If so, I want to buy them. how do I order them?
Sorry it took so long to get back to you PM me your address and I'll send you a set

Here is my latest flight with the Tarrot2d Gimbal on the Solo. It is completely raw video right from the camera ,no post. I tried to upload the uncompressed mov version but for some reason Youtube says it's still processing.

Reactions: Ian [P13]
Will it be available at Best Buy? Just kidding. Way to take the initiative. Hope everything works out with integration for tilt controls since one of the selling points was how it was open source and people were free to make mods.

Nice. The next time you take it out would you do a cable cam, selfie and orbit shot for us? I'm just about ready to go ahead and purchase a Tarot 2D to use until the gimbal is released.

The 3DR one is specifically tuned so it works with a lot less hassle with a Pixhawk out of the box. You can get a normal Tarot working the same but it means investing a bit more time.

Here is my morning flight. Raw almost unedited (just cut out the dead spots while programing mission and the glare off my partially bald head, I didn't want to blind anybody). There is a slight bit of jitter when I turn into the wind, have to do some tuning

Rich, were you able to hook up the Solo hdmi cable so that you were not flying blind? I know you cannot operate the camera angle settings etc but I'm wondering if you had FPV using the Tarot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig