Stuck Battery

Reaction score
Got a new 3DR Solo from Best Buy. Installed battery.. had good first flight.. but now I can't get the battery to "slide off" to change it out.

I am able to depress the release tab, and it moves about 1/2 inch before it "jams". Don't want to break any of the delicate plastic here. Anyone else ever had similar problem?

Attached are photos.

Any suggestions?

Hold Solo with 2 hands, each side of battery.
Then use both thumbs on release tab & push forward.
Or you can try this.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hope this helps

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
Hold Solo with 2 hands, each side of battery.
Then use both thumbs on release tab & push forward.
Or you can try this.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hope this helps

Steve..thanks very much for your reply......Turns out that I had to actually "shave" a little of the plastic off the back lip of my Solo battery compartment to get it off. Didn't have to shave off too much, and by gripping as you suggested...it came right of without damaging the release latch !! Didn't have this problem with my first Solo...likely variation in plastic thickness in manufacturing process.....

For what it's worth, I had the exact same problem and had to squeeze the shell at the end where the battery was catching to remove it. So I thought maybe a part just didn't seat correctly during factory assembly which led to my decision to remove the battery bay. Once you remove the GPS antenna cap, you remove 7 screws and lift the bay out and around the battery power connectors. I completely removed it and then reinstalled. Strangely, while I didn't notice any flaws in the bay, the shell or the way they were put together, once it was reassembled I found the battery would slide on and off with ease. So if you feel like some minor tinkering and learning a little about the innards of your bird, grab a screwdriver and give it a go. Here is a link to a step by step teardown of a solo and Steps 4 and 5 have pics of what I just described. Solo-Teardown - Hackster.io

Have fun either way!
Kurt

Reactions: RichWest
I just had this happen the other day with one of my batteries. I was able to flip the Solo over and tap gently on it, then got the battery off the rest of the way.
If it does it again, I'll start with the screwdriver. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44