Structure Fire-- Everybody safe!

Reaction score
I didn't want to be one of those ambulance chasers that fly into the fire just to get the shot. Or the kid that interferes in any way with the extinguishment efforts.... So i unbuckled my GoPro Silver from my Solo and popped it on my forehead to look for victims.

Password:
372FD
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Clear building then put up the Solo but the FD and PD secured the block quicker than i good get her up in the air. Firefighters also have pretty good range coming off a hydrant so anything beneath 200 ft could get blasted down by water canon. Just wanted to help! Felt terrible for the home owner. Im going to see if I can help him out tomorrow. Good guy. Thank God no one was hurt!

Be safe out there!
Larry

Reactions: timgilley
That was way way beyond what you would have been able to do anything about with those fire extinguishers. The owner seemed oddly unfazed by his house being on fire. The fire Marshal's office will figure it out one way or another, but in my opinion, that was rather suspicious. It could be nothing and it's just his demeanor. But the 13 years I spent in the fire department, and also when my own house was on fire, tells me that guy was weird.

I agree that the home owner was acting peculiar. Some might say an insrance fraudster but on a walk through the day after--- I saw to many obvious combustibles and accelerants stacked around the house that will kill this guy’s chances of making it look like negligence to cash in a big claim.

Big ups to every kid that grabbed a garden hose or an expired extinguisher. Moments like these help separate the men from the boys from the cowards. The fellas fighting in vein with anything they could grab are the fellas I want beside me in a fox hole. The chatty Hispanic millennial men across the street streaming Facebook live and not lifting a finger other-wise represent the worst of our society.

Oh, one of those. The people who are hoarding slobs are the next worst thing to have a fire at. There was a family of Hoarders in my old town, and we all made note of the address because if it was ever on fire we knew not to go in. It would be a surrounding and drown type thing.

I came upon a car on fire in a parking lot one time there were 11 people standing around watching all with phones in their hands. when I called the fire department, it was the first they'd heard of it. The car was fully involved. It had probably been on fire for 10 minutes at that point. not a single person even called the fire department because they were too busy live streaming it on Facebook.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea