Still no GPS lock

Reaction score
I received my Solo as one of the first to be shipped. I have only had about 10 flights. I keep getting the run around.Im really surprised no one has started a class action. All the broke promises and MAJOR delays. Solo fan at heart. But, losing heart quickly. Come on 3DR. We are here because we want the best product. We know you can do it...

I received my Solo as one of the first to be shipped. I have only had about 10 flights. I keep getting the run around.Im really surprised no one has started a class action. All the broke promises and MAJOR delays. Solo fan at heart. But, losing heart quickly. Come on 3DR. We are here because we want the best product. We know you can do it...

These things were discussed a lot early on. You either need to open Solo up or send it in. If you get zero satellites then the GPS is not hooked up. If you get sats and no lock then it most likely needs the foil separated further from the GPS. If you're comfortable with a screwdriver it's an easy fix.

Or you can take it a step further and use an M8N module.

These things were discussed a lot early on. You either need to open Solo up or send it in. If you get zero satellites then the GPS is not hooked up. If you get sats and no lock then it most likely needs the foil separated further from the GPS. If you're comfortable with a screwdriver it's an easy fix.

Or you can take it a step further and use an M8N module.
Thank you NYG. Is there an article with the steps. I dont mind opening it. Ill continue to search meanwhile.

Do a factory reset of the Solo and on the controller. Afterwards, pair the controller and the Solo. Next, update the firmware on the Solo and controller. Finally, find a level surface and do a compass calibration. Then do a GPS calibration. I had to do all of this when I Upgraded the Solo and controllers WiFi cards. Did the cardboard mod on the Solo and I have no problems getting GPS lock.

Reactions: Collider
Hang in there Jesse. I had same problem but fixed it by doing exactly what these guys suggest: checked gps plug and foil, reset and re-paired controller and solo, updated firmware. I have gotten quick satellite lock ever since!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo