Squeeky Motors...Bearings?

Reaction score
So my new Solo has whiny or squeaky motor noise. At first I wasn't sure if the noise was OK, but after reading a few threads I have a bad feeling. I'm researching the best lube for the motors, but I havne't decided on one yet. Has anyone else had any motor noise with a new Solo? Thanks

Mine started after about 20 hours of flight. Since then I've used TriFlow about once a month in the pen/needle applicator and it works/sounds great. Just don't wait to long to do it. If the bearings are squeaking they are wearing out and producing extra heat. A little goes a long way. Don't overdo it.

Reactions: Mountain Flyer
Thanks Pdx Steve. It looks like TriFlow is the most mentioned lube on these forums. I'm also considering CorrosionX due to it's water resistance, but think that TriFlow looks like a better dry lube. Might have to try both on some non Solo motors....

Mike, a week ago I bought Solo #2 at Best Buy. On its 1st flight I noticed a "squeaking- squealing" noise I had never heard before. I thought the bearings might be dry (who knows how long it was in storage?) so I lubed them with Tri-flo. No change.

I connected it to Mission Planner so I could run the motors individually, and discovered motor #3 was the noisy one. Using a vibration app on my iPad mini I discovered it was vibrating more than the other motors. After balancing the motor the noise went away.

Just something to consider if a lube job doesn't help.

Hey, thanks for the tip. I didn't know I could run the motors individually. I will have to give that a go as I'm still getting a little squeaking sometimes from my solo.

Hey, thanks for the tip. I didn't know I could run the motors individually. I will have to give that a go as I'm still getting a little squeaking sometimes from my solo.
Balancing the motors is as important as the props.:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig