Some gimbal video shot this morning...

Reaction score
For those still waiting on your gimbal, try to wait it out if you can. The gimbal is not perfect but it works really really good. Especially for amateurs like me. (I have only been doing this just for a couple of months). I know the wait is excruciating :( but it is worth the wait.

While not perfect I am getting better. I'm still learning so if you have any tips or tricks let me know. Settings were 1080, 30fps, compressed using Handbrake.

The url at the beginning of the video is not live yet, just put it in there for future use.

Oh and a big thanks to all that have been helping me learn the ropes. You have been extremely helpful.

If you don't like Air then just turn the volume down. I thought it was a good choice :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes most notably when it was moving from behind clouds to sun, make sure to set max iso to 400 as well in daylight, spot metering uses the center of the frame to set exposure, if you turn it off, it uses entire frame

Reactions: aggravated...
Yes most notably when it was moving from behind clouds to sun, make sure to set max iso to 400 as well in daylight, spot metering uses the center of the frame to set exposure, if you turn it off, it uses entire frame
Excellent tip, thanks :)

Really nice! What altitude were you flying at?
Thanks Maddog! A little under 400 from my take off. Keep in mind I was nearly to the top of my mountain before launching so it looks really high looking down in the valley. Then add in the low fog and it looks like I am cloud surfing.

Wow, that is quite stunning. I think clouds are at least 80% of why I wanted a Solo. I used to fly with my dad in a little Cessna 150, and I always thought clouds up close are one of the most beautiful sights on the planet - they're sorta there, but sorta not.

Reactions: aggravated...
Wow, that is quite stunning. I think clouds are at least 80% of why I wanted a Solo. I used to fly with my dad in a little Cessna 150, and I always thought clouds up close are one of the most beautiful sights on the planet - they're sorta there, but sorta not.
I told my middle daughter just a little while ago that she may not remember the plane ride she took when she was young but that is what it looks like when you are above the clouds.

Thanks Maddog! A little under 400 from my take off. Keep in mind I was nearly to the top of my mountain before launching so it looks really high looking down in the valley. Then add in the low fog and it looks like I am cloud surfing.
Thanks for stating the altitude. We don't need more negative publicity about someone flying Solo/drone through and above clouds

Reactions: Rocket
For those still waiting on your gimbal, try to wait it out if you can. The gimbal is not perfect but it works really really good. Especially for amateurs like me. (I have only been doing this just for a couple of months). I know the wait is excruciating :( but it is worth the wait.

While not perfect I am getting better. I'm still learning so if you have any tips or tricks let me know. Settings were 1080, 30fps, compressed using Handbrake.

The url at the beginning of the video is not live yet, just put it in there for future use.

Oh and a big thanks to all that have been helping me learn the ropes. You have been extremely helpful.

If you don't like Air then just turn the volume down. I thought it was a good choice :)

OMG that fog is amazing! Nice vid!

Reactions: Burkeam

Wow !!! Good Job...looks pretty amazing

This looks great. Quick question: when the props appear at 4:54, do you remember if the gimbal angle was at 90? On these initial shots posted online, it seems this is common.

This looks great. Quick question: when the props appear at 4:54, do you remember if the gimbal angle was at 90? On these initial shots posted online, it seems this is common.

Yes, I'm pretty sure I was still at 90 toward the end. This happens when you really throttle up. If you are just cruising around though, shooting at medium then you will not see your props at all.

VERY Nice!!! Thanks for sharing!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44