SOLO with shaky video after the LAST UPDATE

Reaction score
Hi

I have a Solo and after the last update the video image is very shaky.
This is a video before the last update :
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
and this is after the update:
Is the same proppelers the same motors.
It is not possible after the update the video is so bad.
Another issue that I descovered is: when I turn ON the SOLO the GoPro is not turnig ON ( I use GoPro Hero 3 + Black).

I also write to SOLO Suport and send the same videos. please give me some ideeas to remove this shaky image.

The Solo has NO CRASH.

Last edited:
If you are doing the panning, which is kind of fast and can be jerky, the video looks similar to me. Sorry

Hi

I have a Solo and after the last update the video image is very shaky.
This is a video before the last update :
and this is after the update:
Is the same proppelers the same motors.
It is not possible after the update the video is so bad.
Another issue that I descovered is: when I turn ON the SOLO the GoPro is not turnig ON ( I use GoPro Hero 3 + Black).

I also write to SOLO Suport and send the same videos. please give me some ideeas to remove this shaky image.

The Solo has NO CRASH.
Are your propellers balanced? Have you done the "feel test" with your motors? There are several things you can do to help w/the shaky video & there are multiple threads & videos to help. Good luck & Peace

the two major causes for that kind of shake are bad routing on the HDMI cable., pull your battery cover and make sure the cable is not hitting the rubber balls
Second is a prop or motor out of balance, you should be aware people who build these things at a pro level balance props as a first step

I balaced the props; in first video ( on the field) the props is balanced and it has previous firmware.
In the second ( one with houses) is the same propellers and the last firmware.

I will reopen the battery tray to look at hdmi cable. Anyway the hdmi cable is very rigid. more soft was better.
maybe someone thath has changed the original hdmi cable with one hdmi ribbon fron 3d relish it can tell me if was some improvements.

Are your propellers balanced? Have you done the "feel test" with your motors? There are several things you can do to help w/the shaky video & there are multiple threads & videos to help. Good luck & Peace

I do not know about " feeling test " if you are kind send me a video lint to know what I will loo.k for

Have you tried re-calibrating?
I don't think the ON feature is supported with Hero3, only Hero4.

I balaced the props; in first video ( on the field) the props is balanced and it has previous firmware.
In the second ( one with houses) is the same propellers and the last firmware.

I will reopen the battery tray to look at hdmi cable. Anyway the hdmi cable is very rigid. more soft was better.
maybe someone thath has changed the original hdmi cable with one hdmi ribbon fron 3d relish it can tell me if was some improvements.

I got one of the very first cables from Relish and it changed my vibrations but did not vanquish them
Since mine is almost out of warranty, and I am going start changing some internals I got the latest ribbon cable but have not installed it yet

If there is something else going on the cable is not a silver bullet solution

I have to say, the second video doesn't look that bad to me.

One thing I noticed was that in the first video you flew very low to the ground where there's most likely little or no wind. But in the second video you went much higher. Even if the wind is very still at the ground level, there's a good chance you might have encountered some wind once you get above the tree height. Also, you were "flying" a lot more in the second video....the first video seemed like you were hovering a lot of staying in a small area, where in the second video you seemed to be moving around a lot more, and at a higher altitude.

Just a few things to consider...

Second video might be affected by the little wind but it's not objectionable.
Did props remain on the same motors?

One thing I noticed, and I am not sure if it is YouTube or your source video, but the FPS (Frames per Second) is different between the two videos. The car video shows up on YouTube as 60FPS and the House Video shows up as 50FPS. Your image stability will appear different when changing FPS due to vibrations induced by the motors and prop balance. The rubber balls on the gimbal tend to damp certain frequencies and the interaction with your GoPro frame rate.

Also, I noticed your horizon is off in the house video. It is tilted to the right. I suspect a re-calibration of the Solo may help (starting from a level, flat surface using the Solo App). Also, be sure when setting up to take off that the gimbal is not pushed "out-of-place" due to the Solo legs being too short.

I tell you my experience. I bought my solo in August 2015, and get the gimbal in November. I had a lot of vibrations in my footage. Write to support and since January, I change 3 units, 4 gimbal. Same shit! I had more vibration with the Last unit. They don't know why, I will say is bad designed, it can't be possible that you have no vibration with that hdmi cable... My suggestion, is still in warranty? Send it back!

I guess tha bigest problem is Gimbal Data Cable because is too rigid .
I do not know what are the model' s name of cable connectoe ( the black one / male cable connector) to try the change the cables ftom mainboard to gimbal.

I have to say, the second video doesn't look that bad to me.

One thing I noticed was that in the first video you flew very low to the ground where there's most likely little or no wind. But in the second video you went much higher. Even if the wind is very still at the ground level, there's a good chance you might have encountered some wind once you get above the tree height. Also, you were "flying" a lot more in the second video....the first video seemed like you were hovering a lot of staying in a small area, where in the second video you seemed to be moving around a lot more, and at a higher altitude.

Just a few things to consider...
On a little wind like 1-2 meters/sec. the video must be without trembling. I flown with others multicopters on decent wind ( no gust ) and until 2-3 meters /sec have no trembling on video.

The maximum height that i flown Solo is 120 meters and it was ok.
I try to lfy Solo on wind witu gust 31.5km/h and on my opinion is very unstable.
I flown with Parrot Bebop 2 on gist 31.5km/h and it was perfect. I have a videon on my youtube channel, but this is another thing, i care more about Solo.

I will retry to recalibrate Solo.
One thing I noticed, and I am not sure if it is YouTube or your source video, but the FPS (Frames per Second) is different between the two videos. The car video shows up on YouTube as 60FPS and the House Video shows up as 50FPS. Your image stability will appear different when changing FPS due to vibrations induced by the motors and prop balance. The rubber balls on the gimbal tend to damp certain frequencies and the interaction with your GoPro frame rate.

Also, I noticed your horizon is off in the house video. It is tilted to the right. I suspect a re-calibration of the Solo may help (starting from a level, flat surface using the Solo App). Also, be sure when setting up to take off that the gimbal is not pushed "out-of-place" due to the Solo legs being too short.

In my opinion another mistake is the gimgal board. I think that gimbal boarg must be mounted on the lower plate and the connection to gimbal motors, video made with very malleable thin cables so the rubber s and gimbal ensemble will work without any problem. Now the gimbal board is moving with all gimbal ensemble so the rigid cables 9( data cablre & hdmi) will not put resistance in assembly movement.
I hope that i made my self understood.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44