Solo with Hero 5/6 - No Gimbal - Image Stabilization

Do you need to include the serial number of your drone when registering it at FAA?
The FAA website will tell you exactly what you need, always go there to see what you need, don't rely on other people's information as they could be mistaken or policies could have changed.

Btw, I noticed a few things people do to the Solo. Greencube, GPS modules, Arducopter, etc. Do I really need those to fly my drone safely? If yes, I'm not flying until I get all those set up.
It depends on your drone and your location. For instance if your drone has a Rev A gps board and you live in a built up area with a poor GPS signal, then yes, you would need to upgrade your GPS board. You would only need the greencube if you wanted to take off from a boat. Get used to flying your drone and learn it's up's and downs before considering any upgrades.
Thanx so much for your replies! [emoji4] I will check out FAA site soon. I can't fly yet since still waiting on parts to arrive. [emoji28]

Oh man, does that mean I have to take apart the drone to find out the version of the GPS? Lol

Depends on where you bought the SOLO from, Ebay? Off the forum here? Someone may have upgraded the GPS already. If you bought it from a store, you can always pop off the GPS cover and you'll see the GPS board. If it's Green, it's a Rev A, if it's Black, it's likely to be a Rev B.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig