Solo WI-Fi Connection

Reaction score
On several of my devices, in several different locations I get a orange "No Internet Connection" under SoloLink_XXXXXX in the Wi-Fi settings. Able to connect to other sources, get the check mark next to Solo Link, but no function thereafter. Removed app and reinstalled, still no function.

This is normal in my experience. The mobile device is highlighting that no **internet** connection is available. This is expected since you are connected to a private network between the Solo and the controller.

I can't get my new Solo to make a WiFi network . I followed all the instructions for first flight update, go to my phone's (Galaxy S7), wifi settings and it can not find Solo link. The drone and controller are paired but I just can't not see it on my phone. so, I can not update the software and I can not fly.. .

Reactions: truoccm
I can't get my new Solo to make a WiFi network . I followed all the instructions for first flight update, go to my phone's (Galaxy S7), wifi settings and it can not find Solo link. The drone and controller are paired but I just can't not see it on my phone. so, I can not update the software and I can not fly.. .
Kevin, have you tried shutting down your drone, controller and phone and restarting everything? Amazing what restarting can solve. I also recommend removing the propellers while troubleshooting. Those props are razor sharp and can be dangerous to work around should they start spinning.

I have to do a battery pull to shut down the controller . .. but I have not tried all three at the same time. I have reinstalled the app three time, I have shut down the controller and solo.... I have checked the settings on my phone to make sure I have everything turned on...

I have to do a battery pull to shut down the controller . .. but I have not tried all three at the same time. I have reinstalled the app three time, I have shut down the controller and solo.... I have checked the settings on my phone to make sure I have everything turned on...

Check to make sure your Go Pro app is disconnected in the Wi Fi, and your Go Pro camera wi fi is disabled. My 2 cents.

This almost certainly isn't what you're doing but I'll share it anyway - it won't be the first time I've willingly made myself look like a fool...
I've had trouble connecting like this a couple of times. I tried reloading my apps, restarting everything, etc... no dice.
Turns out I was looking for Solo link in my Bluetooth settings.
Ahem... :D

Do you see other wifi networks available? Is your ask permission to join function on (or off)? Try refreshing by switching from looking at wifi to Bluetooth back to wifi...
Just covering the bases.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks