Solo w gimbal, 8 prop and 2 batteries. new lower price point of $499

I just picked one up at Best Buy, plus got another 10% off with Best buy CC sign up .. there was no way I could pass that up two batteries. 3 x gimbal ... One thing I found strange the set of props is not a set of four it is a set of two, Little bit disappointed on that but still got a good deal...so out the door I was $478.70 our company will be buying the Kodak SP360 4K cameras for this drone we have a number of customers interested in utilizing the 360° view. should pay for itself rather fast.. I hope..

If you would post 360 video

I almost pulled the trigger on that last night for extra and spare parts as suggested by others, but the local stores did not have the gimbal.
The Amazon Deal is the same but includes the back pack for $599. Plus i gotta imagine returning things to Amazon is easier than Best Buy typically is.

I almost pulled the trigger on that last night for extra and spare parts as suggested by others, but the local stores did not have the gimbal.
The Amazon Deal is the same but includes the back pack for $599. Plus i gotta imagine returning things to Amazon is easier than Best Buy typically is.
Amazon deal only has one battery, but it's probably the best deal out there now

Called B&H this morning for a price match and was told they only had one Solo in stock, after which they would be unavailable. Gimbals are B/O 7-10 days.

So I just received my Solo from Best Buy. Gimbal was sent separately and will arrive this coming Monday.

What's interesting is that there are a few changes to the main board. The gimbal data wire seems to be a connector on the Solo side, I tugged on it and it didn't seem to budge much, so I'm not sure it's removable. GPS is still revision A, but I updated everything to 2.4 and took it out in the yard. My previous would struggle to get 6 satellites, this one got 10 with an HDOP of 0.8. I'll be curious to see if that remains the same once the gimbal and camera are on it.

Reactions: bluesgeek
Hey just received my solo in the mail form best buy. this was a deal that I couldn't missed out on! Was about to go test out my new drone but sunshine state Florida decided to start pouring rain when I was about to and now its night time lol. So far I got everything settled up. Coming from a dji Phantom 1.1.1 so testing this drone out now.

Hey just received my solo in the mail form best buy. this was a deal that I couldn't missed out on! Was about to go test out my new drone but sunshine state Florida decided to start pouring rain when I was about to and now its night time lol. So far I got everything settled up. Coming from a dji Phantom 1.1.1 so testing this drone out now.

I received mine as well, already replaced the HDMI cable, made a small gimbal data cable extension from soft silicon wire and balanced the motors. Updated it to the latest firmware and took it for a few test flights. Flies just like a Solo.

I don't begrudge having paid full price for my first, that's what the industry price was at the time and the Solo was competitive for it's capabilities. But man, I'm loving having a complete spare for $500.

So do two 3DR Solos make a 3DR Duo? :D

View media item 406

Yes, includes the gimbal, an extra battery and a two pack of props. Same sale they ran about 2 weeks ago. I and others bought it and have already received them. Works like a charm.

It's probably a good idea for anyone heading in the commercial arena to have at least two birds ready to go. I usually have a backup camera, and there is much less of a chance of needing it.

I just went and got my set for a complete back-up!
Of course they said the gimble wont be available for a couple weeks. I am holding my breath on that.

Called B&H this morning for a price match and was told they only had one Solo in stock, after which they would be unavailable. Gimbals are B/O 7-10 days.

Wait...what? Unavailable?

I've been away from the forum for a week or two...but what did I miss? $499 bundles....B&H not carrying Solo? WTF is going on??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44