Solo squeaking

Reaction score
I've bought my Solo one month ago. Very happy with it! But since the beginning it makes this squeaking whispering sound when it turns to the left, I thougt it was normal till I fly with another solo, that doesn't do that.
Is it a pod bearing? Can it damage the gopro? It doesn't do anything to the Solo performance. Fly's perfect and very steady!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Grts Geert

Someone else posted about the same noise issue. Don't remember who but it turned out to be a bad motor.

Does the noise occur if you turn the props by hand?

No effect on the GoPro but if a motor stops working in flight, Solo will flip over and crash.

I would recommend you contact tech support.

Nope it doesn't make a different sound when turning props by hand. I will search to previous post. Thanks!

I've find some post, some people say it's normal.. They had never issue's with that sound. One guy had issue's with it, but when he had that sound, the solo was wobbling and flying not stable. Our solo fly's very stable so I don't think it's a problem??
I've contacted the support for certainty.

Reactions: Maddog
Just to chime in, I assume you have never crashed yet? I had a just slightly 'bent' out-of-alignment motor bell on motor pod #4 post the so called 'GPS lock' failure at low ALT. You can feel the difference and the dust coming out of the motor vents is a dead give away. Solo fly's fine though. Let us know what you find out from support, interesting.

Hello,
bought my Solo end of Nov. 2015. Have the same squeaking noise coming from one of the motors.
Came like that right out of the box. I contacted 3DR ... response was, that I should send a video and a problem report to 3DR so that they can have a look at it.

Anyone else has some feedback or experience on this?

this is there opinion:
I reviewed all the logs you sent us, logs # 1 show a flight time of 93 seconds and a current consumption of approximately 25 amperes during this flight with a max altitude of 11.62 meters, and log # 4 show a flight time of 37 seconds and a current consumption of about 17 amperes with a max altitude of 2.66 meters, motor inputs and performance look well within the performance parameters, and all motors looks good, probably the sound you hear it could be caused by a propeller unbalanced.

I don't balanced it yet, but changed the propellers and the noise is almost gone..

Reactions: Maddog
this is there opinion:
I reviewed all the logs you sent us, logs # 1 show a flight time of 93 seconds and a current consumption of approximately 25 amperes during this flight with a max altitude of 11.62 meters, and log # 4 show a flight time of 37 seconds and a current consumption of about 17 amperes with a max altitude of 2.66 meters, motor inputs and performance look well within the performance parameters, and all motors looks good, probably the sound you hear it could be caused by a propeller unbalanced.

I don't balanced it yet, but changed the propellers and the noise is almost gone..
I think they might have been looking for a video taken OF Solo where you can hear the squeaking- a video taken BY Solo might not help.
Other members have done this and discovered it was a bad motor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44