Solo Propellers - 3d Print File?

Reaction score
Howdy, just crashed and broke all 4 of my propellers (mapping mission into rising terrain!!). Gonna take a while to get new props in the mail. Just wondering if anyone has successfully printed a prop? I have a good 3d printer and some strong filament (PETG) and wouldn't mind giving a printed prop a go. A link to an stl file would be nice!

Thanks, EarthImage

Howdy, just crashed and broke all 4 of my propellers (mapping mission into rising terrain!!). Gonna take a while to get new props in the mail. Just wondering if anyone has successfully printed a prop? I have a good 3d printer and some strong filament (PETG) and wouldn't mind giving a printed prop a go. A link to an stl file would be nice!

Thanks, EarthImage
Umm... I really don't think that's a good idea.

Thanks, EarthImage
I'm not going to go into a long winded description of my background, but trust me Marich is right! Printing props is a bad idea!

Agree. Don't even try this. There is no way you will get the blades perfect enough for aerodynamic flight. They will vibrate like crazy.

Have you tried best buy? I just picked up a couple of sets right off of the shelf.

The only 3d printer that can give you, in theory, a good outcome is the one from carbon3d.com/ wich uses the clip principle, the others 3d printers in the market are actually a continuos 2d printers and since they print by layer the estructural strenght of a prop wont withstand the rpm found in a solo motor, or a drone motor. So dont try it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig