Solo lost gps and flyaway

Reaction score
Hey guys looking for some help
-i was flying the solo about 250 ft altitude and 700 ft away , the solo lost gps connection for a couple seconds and then quickly regained it , fearing i would lose the drone i hit the RTH button and the remote said it was going to return home , as the solo started to move towards the takeoff point it lost gps and controller signal and quickly started flying in the opposite direction i tried running towards it with the remote to try to manually land but it flew away too quickly and could not see where it flew or crashed into , no crash detected message came up on the remote and i went out for hours searching for the solo with no luck ,

So my question is , is there a way to get the logs from the controller and see the last known gps location and have some chance of finding this ,

What's even worse is that the drone belongs to my friend , I still habe mine and never had any issues like that so I'm hoping it's tuck on a roof somewhere and can use mine to locate it

There are "billions and billions" of threads regarding tlog retrieval on this forum. Once you got 'em, open in Mission Planner and "play" your flight to see where it went on a satellite map. Plenty of YTs on Mission Planner use.

Also, see this thread:
lost drone - dowloaded tlog files - cant read them

-i was flying the solo about 250 ft altitude and 700 ft away , the solo lost gps connection for a couple seconds and then quickly regained it , fearing i would lose the drone i hit the RTH button and the remote said it was going to return home , as the solo started to move towards the takeoff point it lost gps and controller signal and quickly started flying in the opposite direction i tried running towards it with the remote to try to manually land but it flew away too quickly and could not see where it flew or crashed into , no crash detected message came up on the remote and i went out for hours searching for the solo with no luck ,

So my question is , is there a way to get the logs from the controller and see the last known gps location and have some chance of finding this ,

What's even worse is that the drone belongs to my friend , I still habe mine and never had any issues like that so I'm hoping it's tuck on a roof somewhere and can use mine to locate it
Always put a manual on the controller for this very reason not being negative but it's a life saver gives you control of the solo back assign to preset button A.

The controller will not have any information about where it went. If the Solo lost it's connection to the controller, and/or flew out of range, there won't be any log information beyond that point in time. The controller will have the logs from the flight, up to the point where contact was lost. Use the solo app to open a support ticket to 3DR. Do not tell them "I lost GPS". You don't know what the problem was, so don't lead them down any path. Just tell them it flew off and the controller wouldn't respond. Let them evaluate the cause.

The controller will not have any information about where it went. If the Solo lost it's connection to the controller, and/or flew out of range, there won't be any log information beyond that point in time. The controller will have the logs from the flight, up to the point where contact was lost. Use the solo app to open a support ticket to 3DR. Do not tell them "I lost GPS". You don't know what the problem was, so don't lead them down any path. Just tell them it flew off and the controller wouldn't respond. Let them evaluate the cause.

i already sent a ticket in lets see how long it will take them to respond , i really wish they had a phone number i could call.

i keep trying to upload a log here but its telling me i dont have the allowed extension

You should use the chat on their website now for immediate contact with a human in support. You can make sure they received the report, and will give you the ticket # for follow up.

The issue is when it loses GPS also loses positioning so unless it regained GPS during fly away it's not going to be able to tell you where the Drone is

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc