Solo LONG Range Tests and Antenna FPVLR Setup VIDEO!!!

Reaction score
Antennas Test 1
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Urban Antenna

Antenna Talk

More Range

Final test with FrSky added in

Last edited:
Hi

thank you for the videos, you seem to know a lot about these antennas. Is there a stock type and shape antenna that would give more range? I don;t want anything bulky like those in your reviews. would like something that looks like the ones that come with the remote.

Thank You

Others have reported very similar improvement as FPVLr setup but they are not as directional in pattern.

The stock are 2dbi do this is huge improvement.

What does it mean that they are not as directional in pattern? Is that good or bad? Sorry, just learning here.

Thank you once again for your info and help.

Others have reported very similar improvement as FPVLr setup but they are not as directional in pattern.

The stock are 2dbi do this is huge improvement.

The spherical helix of the FPVLR setup is directional in the radio wave pattern of reception. It must be pointed in the area of flight or RSSI is lost quickly. It's much more penetrating through and around obstructions though.

The dipole or stock and linked above setup, the pattern allows for directionality of the antenna to not be as important. Strength is similar but penetration is lower.

Stock are lower dbi than both and again are dipole.

3.9 miles boosted and 3 miles unboosted so far on SOLO with FPVLR array of RCHP+LHCP half sphere panel.
Flown by customers not by us. We don't even own a SOLO.

FPVLR, are there videos of these runs online somewhere? I was considering purchasing the half sphere panel if the specs people were posting warranted the spend. This is the first time I've seen you post actual measurements.

FPVLR, are there videos of these runs online somewhere? I was considering purchasing the half sphere panel if the specs people were posting warranted the spend. This is the first time I've seen you post actual measurements.

Reactions: DavidPhillips
Nice...question. I start my flights out up on mountain behind the house. I'm already at an good elevation... I can't remember off the top of my head but around 2200. As I fly away from the side of the mountain the altitude is decreasing dramatically. How does this affect the reflection of the signal? Example if I go straight out I'm at least 1500 above the ground in elevation just a 1/4 of a mile out. Will I be able to get similar distances, shorter distances or longer distances? I'll post a video eventually when I get some time to shrink the files etc.

At this frequency you should get greater distance flying straight out than being near the ground. No absorption by foliage, etc. Its nothing like the lower HF frequencies. Here in Iowa I dont have anything of height to fly off. LOL

I would not be surprised if you could pick up some extra range by flying lower than where you are located with controller. As the Solo tilts forward to move through the air it tips the antennas. If you can keep the legs (with antennas) at 90 degrees to the controller I would think it would be ideal from an antenna standpoint.

FrSky Dipole added to edited main OP.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado