Solo Leg extenders question

Reaction score
I recently got an email stating:

"Hope all is well. We've been shipping out SOLO Leg Extenders and we had one shipped to you but the address we have is incorrect, since it got returned to us. Can you please provide a good address so that we can send you your leg extenders :)."

My question is I got the email on october 13th about this issue and if I live in the Boston Area is there a chance these will come today or this week or how long did it take anyone else? also with the gimbal does the extenders make a difference when it comes to the gimbal being more off the ground or are there any recommendations on other extenders for solo?

I got mine last week. They work as expected AND fit in the backpack without having to remove them. I cant say when you will get your extenders.

ok thank you thats good to know. I am hoping soon I don't know how they would have gotten the wrong address I registered almost a month ago I think september 24th or something like that but I want to use it at my local beach but the sand is what I worry about with the gimbal being less than a 1/4 of an inch off the ground sadly

Oh, you might want to consider using a piece of cardboard or something else to launch from. I would hate to get sand in my gimbal! lol!

I got mine in the mail last week, about 3 weeks after registering the Solo.

On a sidenote, I bought a set of the longer 3D printed ones that are all over ebay. Don't bother...one bouncy landing and they just shatter. And you can just imagine the kind of chaos that ensues when one shatters and Solo thinks it's not on level ground....

The extenders from 3DR only add about 1/2" clearance. Took about 2 months to get them.

I much prefer the folding extenders from 3DRelish.com. Their shipping time is slow, though. When unfolded they add almost 1.5" of clearance.

ok thank you thats good to know. I am hoping soon I don't know how they would have gotten the wrong address I registered almost a month ago I think september 24th or something like that but I want to use it at my local beach but the sand is what I worry about with the gimbal being less than a 1/4 of an inch off the ground sadly
Yes... Get a large piece of plywood or cardboard (and something to hold it down at the corners). Depending on the specific sand, you might not only sink in, but also kick up sand which can get places you don't want it to... If it is an ocean beach, that also includes salt. Both are really bad for small mechanics (like cameras and gimbals). I would bet more cameras have died at the beach than any other place :)

I also agree on the 3DRelish folding extenders. I have both, but prefer the folding extensions (though I often forget to unfold them until it is in the air). I really need to add that to the checklist...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig