Solo is just for US. Don t buy it if you living outside US

Here ya go. About $17.00 (US) a set

These are the Boca Bearing P/N's for SEALED bearings: SR2-LL/C3C and SR2-5UU3. Top and bottom bearings. I might add from personal experience here in Florida that the rotor wash on take-off and landing pulls micro-particles right into unsealed bearings causing excessive wear and premature replacement. If take-offs are on streets, dirt, etc. better get sealed bearings.

SR2-5UU3 are available at Boca, but cannot find SR2-LL/C3C: maybe they are not available anymore, or typo in part number (only SR2-LL/C3 are available: are they same suitable bearings for 3DR Solo or they are completely different bearings) ?

Forget about the bearings. Buy new motors:
Motors Swapped to T-Motor 2216-12 800kV | Page 3 | 3D Robotics Drone Forum
And forget about the warrants. There are no in this business.

IMO You are right and not: maybe really is better don't play with bearings and just swap motors to better ones, but only after warranty. I will definitely ask my seller for a free warranty repair if some warranty problem occurs.

Only problem is, I really don't want to break my Solo if motor bearing fails (especially when flying in the middle of lake :) ). Maybe there are some reliable ways to detect failing bearing before final fail occurs ? By knowing this I can contact my seller and ask for a free repair before final failure. Or I should just to swap motor pods (original to original, not to void warranty) lets say after 30-?? fly hours ?

Last edited:
SR2-LL/C3#3. I thought about the change motor option quite a bit and decided on the bearing change and I am very happy. SOLO pretty much purrs now instead of a banshee type noise. Very smooth in flight, very quiet compared to before. It was actually pretty easy but refer to how to seat new bearings as you don't want to damage them. As far as a motor swap you will need new props also and a mod to the motor to accept the new props. I think the best check for bearings is to use the motor test in Mission Planner. Run each individual motor at varying sppeds and listen. If they don't sound "right", then the bearings are probably the problem.

Reactions: Nerius and Maddog
As far as a motor swap you will need new props also and a mod to the motor to accept the new props.

This is incorrect, the stock 3DR solo props will fit and is actually recommended for the T-Motor 2216-12 motor swap using the PA29/30 prop adapters. An alternative prop was offered and fits with minor hub reaming. Best of both worlds.

I do recommend changing bearings as a first attempt at resolving perceived motor issues.

Maybe someone could recommend good T-Motor seller in EU: 2216-12 motors are available, but have a trouble finding P29 and P30 adapters here.

3DR won't ship to Europe as (rightly) they don't want to be competing with their own dealers. If you can't find a specific item locally though you can circumvent the policy and use Shipito as that acts as a US mail address and they forward anything ordered to the EU address, the price is good for shipping too:

Shipito.com

Reactions: Jubalr
3DR won't ship to Europe as (rightly) they don't want to be competing with their own dealers. If you can't find a specific item locally though you can circumvent the policy and use Shipito as that acts as a US mail address and they forward anything ordered to the EU address, the price is good for shipping too:

Shipito.com
Thats all good in theory Ian, just dont say on this forum that you are using a shipping agent, as 3DR check these posts, look up your orders, and then cancel them if they know you arent in the USA (or Canada).
Learnt my lesson......twice.

I doubt 3DR would have the time to scan through posts and do that, albeit it's probably best not to tempt fate anyway.

Thats all good in theory Ian, just dont say on this forum that you are using a shipping agent, as 3DR check these posts, look up your orders, and then cancel them if they know you arent in the USA (or Canada).
Learnt my lesson......twice.
I don't like that policy at all. 3DR should only be concerned with where it SHIPS TO. Once it arrives at it's destination, what you do with it is your business. They may be trying to protect their dealers, but if they ship to a US address they have met that obligation. They shouldn't be playing investigators and be concerned with where their product is after the sale. Maybe in the future they will use the GPS to send themselves a stealth email when a Solo is powered up in a foreign country, then cross reference the serial # to where it was sold. If it was in the US they would contact you to request verification that you were still the owner. Just in case you sold it on Ebay or sold it on an overseas trip.

Reactions: Maddog and Nerius
I doubt 3DR would have the time to scan through posts and do that, albeit it's probably best not to tempt fate anyway.
Yeah well, tempted fate (silly me, just trying to help someone) and my pending order,and one subsequent order got cancelled. My first order a month ago went through just fine, so i know the method works, but that was before i suggested to someone else to use a shipping agent.

I don't like that policy at all. 3DR should only be concerned with where it SHIPS TO. Once it arrives at it's destination, what you do with it is your business. They may be trying to protect their dealers, but if they ship to a US address they have met that obligation. They shouldn't be playing investigators and be concerned with where their product is after the sale. Maybe in the future they will use the GPS to send themselves a stealth email when a Solo is powered up in a foreign country, then cross reference the serial # to where it was sold. If it was in the US they would contact you to request verification that you were still the owner. Just in case you sold it on Ebay or sold it on an overseas trip.
To be honest I don't think 3DR are acting in this way, for one they wouldn't have the time to be checking all the internet posts. It's possible if the EU distributor was reading on here then took issue with the fact an EU order was being made direct and then complained then 3DR would act. However it still might be tricky matching a forum Avatar to a real customer order.

When it comes to spares I do think it would be unreasonable as I don't believe any UK dealers for example are holding spares such as motor pods.

Reactions: Jubalr and Nerius

All people who are not living in US, don't like this "US only" things we are constantly seeing everywhere in the internet. But if company decided go this way: there is nothing we can do: at least legally... I usually trying to ignore this kind of companies and buy another competitive products. This is why I bought Solo only when it was officially available in my country.

To be honest I don't think 3DR are acting in this way, for one they wouldn't have the time to be checking all the internet posts. It's possible if the EU distributor was reading on here then took issue with the fact an EU order was being made direct and then complained then 3DR would act. However it still might be tricky matching a forum Avatar to a real customer order.

When it comes to spares I do think it would be unreasonable as I don't believe any UK dealer for example are holding spares such as motor pods.
Well whatever the reason, or the circumstance, i cannot get an order through any more.
Im not saying any more about this from this point on.

There a good reason for 3DR not sending around the World, RMAs aside (which then become too costly in the long term), 3DR is actually doing a good thing not competing with its dealers. I know DJI dealers are very upset that DJI competes with them direct, dealers don't even get a heads up on new products now as DJI tries to take the preorders themselves.

There a good reason for 3DR not sending around the World, RMAs aside (which then become too costly in the long term), 3DR is actually doing a good thing not competing with its dealers. I know DJI dealers are very upset that DJI competes with them direct, dealers don't even get a heads up on new products now as DJI tries to take the preorders themselves.

Yes, but they could send spares. A lot of dealers still don't have it, so by doing this is win-win situation for all.

Yes, but they could send spares. A lot of dealers still don't have it, so by doing this is win-win situation for all.
My point exactly, they need to supply their dealers with spares at the same time they release the product in a foreign country. What do they expect when owners cant get parts..they go looking for them of course. All we can get in AU is Solo, gimbal, backpack, batteries and props. Thats it. I know someone who has been grounded for months waiting for motor pods becuse 3DR wont ship outside the USA.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc