Solo in Cabelas

Hey- it may not be what George Lucas is using- but it works great for my family production!

Bad may not be the correct term and I'm quite sure a bit more practice by myself will/would make my footage better/more stable but I guess I was expecting it to be a bit more stable out of the box. If my main purpose for the Solo was a platform for footage I'd look into the various 'jello' fixes. Honestly I thought my first gimbal was abnormal but after the same results with my other 2 they all yield about the same. I flew 3 batteries this morning (light to no wind) so will drop the footage into Premiere to see what I can make of it.

On a side note what I thought was a bird flying directly at my Solo was in fact a MP, although flown quite erratically as in rocket ship up and then back down nearly missing a large set of trees. I give that MP a week before it's time to ship back to dji for repair.

I'm not sure what to say about the footage you are getting. Are you using the suggested settings? 2.7, medium, go pro color, etc?

Hahaha! Yea I had a problem with some creep following my drone around with another drone. I just about unloaded on this dude when I found him.

I'm not sure what to say about the footage you are getting. Are you using the suggested settings? 2.7, medium, go pro color, etc?

Hahaha! Yea I had a problem with some creep following my drone around. I just about unloaded on this dude when I found him.

It's no secret that I like my Hero 5 Black way more than my Hero 4 Black. Not a fan of fish eye! I'm actually, considering the Hero 6 Black. Especially, if it improves the Karma significantly. I'll probably wait for the price break though... Considering, I already have 2 Hero 5 Blacks and 2 Hero 4 Blacks now.

Bad may not be the correct term and I'm quite sure a bit more practice by myself will/would make my footage better/more stable but I guess I was expecting it to be a bit more stable out of the box. If my main purpose for the Solo was a platform for footage I'd look into the various 'jello' fixes. Honestly I thought my first gimbal was abnormal but after the same results with my other 2 they all yield about the same. I flew 3 batteries this morning (light to no wind) so will drop the footage into Premiere to see what I can make of it.

On a side note what I thought was a bird flying directly at my Solo was in fact a MP, although flown quite erratically as in rocket ship up and then back down nearly missing a large set of trees. I give that MP a week before it's time to ship back to dji for repair.

I think the Solo gimbal can give good video. I have 2 Solos each with its own gimbal, one gives very good videos and one shows micro jello on occasion, both with the same GoPro 4 black and same props and both have good vibrations, in the 1 to 2 range. I installed both gimbals but have not tried to fix the micro jello, I just use the good one for now.

I read about the micro vibrations before buying the Solo, so I'm not disappointed or go complain about how bad Solo is, I bought two Solos for half the price of any one comprobarable drone out there, so I'm happy with Solo, I expected it would need some hands on work. Maybe if I had paid $1500 a year or two ago I might feel otherwise, I have been surprised by some buying now and complaining it's not perfect with all thats posted about Solo. Lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado