Solo GPS upgrades. Who isn’t sold out?

Reaction score
I’m looking to upgrade the solo GPS but everywhere I look from what everybody says in the forums is all sold out.
Is there anywhere else I should look besides just doing Google searches for the parts?
I’m starting to get the feeling that the solo aftermarket parts are not being manufactured anymore either.

Do you want to upgrade to internal GPS or the Here system? I have on NIB

Do you want to upgrade to internal GPS or the Here system? I have on NIB
I honestly have no idea the difference between those two I just bought the drone today, it’s my first one.
I do more less want something that’s plug and play if that’s possible.

I honestly have no idea the difference between those two I just bought the drone today, it’s my first one.
I do more less want something that’s plug and play if that’s possible.

The 'Here' might not be for you then. It takes some slight modding. I'm not sure where the upgrades are sold anymore. I bought mine a few years back. I'm sure someone will chime in about it.

Reactions: CaptBen
The 'Here' might not be for you then. It takes some slight modding. I'm not sure where the upgrades are sold anymore. I bought mine a few years back. I'm sure someone will chime in about it.
Did some research on the here gps. Actually looks easy to do. How much are you looking to get for it?

Although mRobotics website indicated “out of stock”, and after requesting notification when back in stock, I received mine yesterday and installed it today. All started off fine. Acquired 10 sats, take-off, hover, test a little stick input in all axis, yaw, roll, pitch and back to hover......no problems. Then ,with no stick input, she made a hard left roll. I quickly countered with right roll and cut the throttle. Luckily, I was only 3 feet off the ground. Bad landing, but no damage. So after a little research, I found some info that would indicate this module shouldn’t be treated as plug-n-play. From what I gather, it would seem this M8N module is capable of receiving from at least four sat constellations, and if all are enabled, that’s too much for the Solo CPU to handle. Need to turn-off the Chinese and European gps, and use just the US and Russian (GLONASS). Also, I’d recommend IMU and compass calibrations after upgrade and before first flight.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: CaptBen
I’m looking to upgrade the solo GPS but everywhere I look from what everybody says in the forums is all sold out.
Is there anywhere else I should look besides just doing Google searches for the parts?
I’m starting to get the feeling that the solo aftermarket parts are not being manufactured anymore either.
I just got off the mRo site and Peter Killgood suport agent said that request for the mRo gps 3dr solo are still being received - go ahead and place a pre-order for their gps module - I have purchased 4 of these myself and have not had to re-config the gps module for sat receivers - BUT I can say that there is a build it yourself video using the Neo-M8N and you DO Have to reprogram the GPS to NOT receive all the satellite configurations because your Solo will go OUT of CONTROL as soon as you take off. Just a note I bought 7 - 3Dr Solo's off Ebay and only had one that I use for parts - but the Pixhawk controller is in great operational order...

BUT I can say that there is a build it yourself video using the Neo-M8N and you DO Have to reprogram the GPS to NOT receive all the satellite configurations because your Solo will go OUT of CONTROL as soon as you take off.

How do you do this?

Search here for “constellations” and you will see a discussion of how to use u-center to change the settings.

Reactions: PatPend
Suggest that you are going for the MrO gps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo