SOLO GIMBAL

Reaction score
HHEEELLLLOOO All,
If some of you have read some of my previous posts you know where im at with level of frustraion.. PLease if anyone can HELP.. I am looking for gimbal!!! PLEASE HELP

I have a couple of em on backup birds that I guess I won't be using I the next two years. Send me a reasonable offer if you're that desperate. Oh and do it before the 7th of March.

HHEEELLLLOOO All,
If some of you have read some of my previous posts you know where im at with level of frustraion.. PLease if anyone can HELP.. I am looking for gimbal!!! PLEASE HELP
Check ebay .they have a few. .but omg they are almost $400 dollars now for a used one. ..cost more than the drone. .

Lately, it appears a few gimbals have been offered on this forum for less that $200- that may seem expensive; but remember the gimbal alone was first introduced at a retail price of $399.
The gimbal has been the Holy Grail for a while now: folks are using some creative and innovative methods to use the Tarot - but it will be difficult to devise a system that functions as well as the 3DR 3-axis gimbal. Those in search of a gimbal have to get their asses off of their wallets and just bite the bullet! Just_Bruce has been advertising gimbals that have been repaired and fully operationally tested- he puts them on this forum and it’s ***** crickets*****. The longer you sit back the more difficult it will become to acquire a gimbal, everyday ( or almost daily) a gimbal meets it’s demise- either by impact, fly away or the occasional dive into a lake, pond or ocean. Anyone who has spent anytime on this forum has watched videos of Solos that took a dip.
Just recently Carolinaflyer and Bowtec2 have both offered gimbals at very reasonable prices, the $40 gimbal days are long gone- you missed that bus- don’t stand around waiting for it to return because your legs are going to get tired.

Lately, it appears a few gimbals have been offered on this forum for less that $200- that may seem expensive; but remember the gimbal alone was first introduced at a retail price of $399.
The gimbal has been the Holy Grail for a while now: folks are using some creative and innovative methods to use the Tarot - but it will be difficult to devise a system that functions as well as the 3DR 3-axis gimbal. Those in search of a gimbal have to get their asses off of their wallets and just bite the bullet! Just_Bruce has been advertising gimbals that have been repaired and fully operationally tested- he puts them on this forum and it’s ***** crickets*****. The longer you sit back the more difficult it will become to acquire a gimbal, everyday ( or almost daily) a gimbal meets it’s demise- either by impact, fly away or the occasional dive into a lake, pond or ocean. Anyone who has spent anytime on this forum has watched videos of Solos that took a dip.
Just recently Carolinaflyer and Bowtec2 have both offered gimbals at very reasonable prices, the $40 gimbal days are long gone- you missed that bus- don’t stand around waiting for it to return because your legs are going to get tired.

So true...gimbals are the holy grail...I got lucky got mine for $175 on ebay in an auction...hopefully some one in the near future will make a 3rd party gimble u can just plug and play...the demand is there.. I want another one ...as a back up

appreciate the advice guys. And will def be on the look out for them.

daniel-
Threads have been discussed in the past and those who have had Solo since inception- DO NOT believe that will ever happen- a lot of money went into research and development for the gimbal ( millions of dollars ) and no one thinks it would reap the monetary benefits for any Third Parties to invest in Solo since it is no longer in production. But enjoy Solo while we have it; remember, 3DR isn’t keeping your Solo flying, it’s the diabolical geniuses within this forum you have to thank for that!!!!

Reactions: DJMc
daniel-
Threads have been discussed in the past and those who have had Solo since inception- DO NOT believe that will ever happen- a lot of money went into research and development for the gimbal ( millions of dollars ) and no one thinks it would reap the monetary benefits for any Third Parties to invest in Solo since it is no longer in production. But enjoy Solo while we have it; remember, 3DR isn’t keeping your Solo flying, it’s the diabolical geniuses within this forum you have to thank for that!!!!
So true I have learned so much on this forum.. it helps keep my bird in the air...when I first got my solo I was scared to even take a screw out.. after reading posts on this forum I'm like a nascar pit crew working on it now.. lolol...

It’s what separates Solo from the drone masses- a little research, finding some rock-solid advice from those who know, a few bucks here and there and a little sweat equity and you are good to go!!! It’s the part of the 3DR SOLO that allows us to customize our drone to our individual style!

It’s what separates Solo from the drone masses- a little research, finding some rock-solid advice from those who know, a few bucks here and there and a little sweat equity and you are good to go!!! It’s the part of the 3DR SOLO that allows us to customize our drone to our individual style!
I think i enjoy working on it and figuring out problems as much as I like flying it.. even when everthing is working 100% I still tear it down and chech out everything. And oil the bearings.. balance props.. I know this sounds crazy but when something goes wrong with it I get a big smile cause I get to try to figure out what's wrong...lol

The joys of Solo ownership- it’s something DJI owners will never get the opportunity to experience- simple stuff ( yes ) but Open Source?? never.

Reactions: daniel s
[QUOI E="USMC86, post: 132054, member: 10253"]The joys of Solo ownership- it’s something DJI owners will never get the opportunity to experience- simple stuff ( yes ) but Open Source?? never.[/QUOTE]
Hey i read somewhere on line.. if u want to film flowers or butterflies get a phanton....but if u want to film extreme sports ..motorcycle racing.. or snowboarding.. get a solo...that made me smile..

Can anyone tell me how to fix
Solo too low for flight issue 0% battery

Misery-
Go to SEARCH and enter your battery issue- there was a thread addressing that issue last week and members had a solution to fix battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig