Solo Gimbal Test..

I think the ultimate solution won't be some magic set of Param tweaks, but rather a software update that hands over control of Follow Me and Watch Me to the onboard CPU. It could do nice smooth interpolations on the location data the Solo receives. Kind of like what it does for cable cam easing in and out.
Exactly. I expect this (and others) will be worked on by 3DR and the community in the coming months... Exciting :)

My understanding is with the gimbal being MavLink the Sololink can also keep logs of its IMUs, with that in mind I definitely expect the gimbal to improve along the lifetime of the Solo.

Reactions: VideoArch
guys one question

the only control we have over the gimbal is tilt?
Yes, tilt and tilt speed. Horizontal is controlled by software to best keep legs from view when on Medium view. That's all it was ever advertised as. Being the legs are fixed, not sure anything else would be beneficial.

Reactions: Ian [P13]
@Jubalr Here you go, there's a fair few people rocking this mod, sod's law though, not one of them yet with a gimbal. This is a super easy mod.

This mod was devised by one of the 3DR techs, in simple terms it removes the chance of high end vibration from the frame, passing from the main board to the Pixhawk. Although the Pixhawk 2 has internally dampened IMUs this mod provides that extra bit of performance.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Duro Sheet used in this video is 0212018-30-10 (30 DURO SHEET), 3/16x 12 x 12in

UK:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sorbothane-...TF8&qid=1439770061&sr=8-1&keywords=0212018-30
US:
http://www.amazon.com/Sorbothane-Vi...TF8&qid=1439770061&sr=8-1&keywords=0212018-30
Hey Ian,
Got the material in and just installed per the video. Not sure I understand the theory though, as it is only dampening between the circuit board and the battery tray?

Jason explains the theory briefly on the mod club.

"The result is a more dampened main board which, in theory, keeps some of the higher frequency vibes out of the pixhawk. When I look at the logs the IMU looks less noisy, but it also sounds better in the air as it flies (like butter)."

"It isn't necessary but I find it calms the motor output."

"The board flexes a small amount in the spots farthest from the screws. There are 4 main screws that hold in the board so I placed the rubber around them. Think of a xylophone. If you wanted to stop it vibrating you would put pressure between the mounting points."

Jason explains the theory briefly on the mod club.

"The result is a more dampened main board which, in theory, keeps some of the higher frequency vibes out of the pixhawk. When I look at the logs the IMU looks less noisy, but it also sounds better in the air as it flies (like butter)."

"It isn't necessary but I find it calms the motor output."

"The board flexes a small amount in the spots farthest from the screws. There are 4 main screws that hold in the board so I placed the rubber around them. Think of a xylophone. If you wanted to stop it vibrating you would put pressure between the mounting points."
Well, certainly sounds plausible. It's done, so now I just need for the weather to cooperate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44