Solo for Work?

Reaction score
Hello all,
I use my sUAV’s for work purposes including roof and building inspections. Mostly photos right now, but I hope to expand into other areas in the future.
I’ve always been interested in Solo equipment. How does the go-pro camera compare to others on the market?
Thanks

Last edited:
I would go on YouTube and check out some of the GoPro Drone video. I think they are all on par at the consumer level and price point. The only complaint I've seen is the fisheye effect but this can be mitigated with a lens mod. I fly solo and diy so I am limited to GoPro for the most part.

Reactions: Clint57
The fish eye can help with roof inspection due to it's naturally wide field of view. However it also means you have to fly closer for detailed info. You can always do a lens mod if needed. It's never just about the camera or lens though, post production can make even a crappy video look like a million bucks. Right now the GP4 hero black is still a damn fine camera for a heck of a lot of things.

The fish eye can help with roof inspection due to it's naturally wide field of view. However it also means you have to fly closer for detailed info. You can always do a lens mod if needed. It's never just about the camera or lens though, post production can make even a crappy video look like a million bucks. Right now the GP4 hero black is still a damn fine camera for a heck of a lot of things.

Excuse my ignorance, but are photos possible with the go pro or video only. I’m a big DIY type of guy and that is one if my attractions to the Solo platform.

Excuse my ignorance, but are photos possible with the go pro or video only. I’m a big DIY type of guy and that is one if my attractions to the Solo platform.
Aye, like skyhax says, you can do both. If using the GP Hero 4 black, you can shoot 4K video at 30FPS or take photo's at 12mp resolution.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc