Solo flying on MultiStar battery (no smart battery)

I know, a bit of an old thread. Stanordave, can you post that information/photos on how you adapted the Solo battery to the Multistar battery? I would like to give this a try as I have a couple of those 5200 multistars around.

Thanks

The data could be handled, but the connector used is proprietary and hard to come by for a good price. I do think it would not be hard to gut a solo battery if they go bad and replace the cells. If you have a good method for connecting to the proprietary plugs, building the data adapter in an arduino sounds like a fun project if nobody picks it up before I get a chance to.

Paco,

Did you ever get a chance to follow-up on idea of using SOLO battery connector & Arduino to use alternate battery?

Joe Homer

I know, a bit of an old thread. Stanordave, can you post that information/photos on how you adapted the Solo battery to the Multistar battery? I would like to give this a try as I have a couple of those 5200 multistars around.

Thanks

I haven't ordered from this site, but these (3DR Solo Power Adapter Board) should work.
3DR Solo Power Adapter Board – BrownieBoards Store

They also have just the Molex connectors listed for $5 each.

Reactions: anthony_sleck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc