solo drone , max wind

Reaction score
Hi guys , what is the max wind soled solo can fly in mph. Cheers lads

in the support manual are other specs.

Hmmm, interesting that the stated wind speed differs from the manual to the FAQ. I'd probably say the 40mph number is ill-advised, that's really getting up there.

But it's pretty easy to do the math - with a 55mph top speed, flying into a 40mph headwind, you'd only make 15mph progress at best. Better make sure you're not far down wind with a low battery.

Also keep in mind, at Solo's top speed, sometimes it won't be able to maintain altitude. I would think it'd be safer to slow down the lateral speed to maintain altitude, but there's been a few incidents where that doesn't seem to be how it works.

I fly on 3 meters/sec wind ( no gust) and was safe to fly Solo and shoot very good video.

Colin stated "20-25 mph safely" and "but you can fly in faster winds"...

I have filmed in 20+ mph winds with gusts to 25 mph+

Solo did fine... Noticed a slight positional drift when loitering - no surprise here. Best video is achieved with nose/tail wind. Crosswind stabilization is noticeably affected by gusts but can be remedied in post process

I got caught in an approaching thunderstorm. The winds were listed at about 20mph when I took off. I was flying a farm for some family. As the storm came in I was at the end of the property, showing their lake. I was at about 30% battery, and headed home.

Problem, the wind shifted and I flew into a headwind of about 35-40. If you go to the 14:50 mark of this video you will see how much the Solo and Gimbal needed to work.

As I said in another thread, I landed at 0% battery life (last 10 feet), powered down and put the solo away for the day.

I was impressed with the performance, but also not something I want to repeat.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Short video at the beach back in March. It's definitely stronger than 20mph winds and buffeting at times. It was my third flight, so I was greatly impressed by how stable it was.

Reactions: AJdaBombsauce
Be safe, 20 - 25mph winds are no problem for Solo, but as stated above check the max speed setting in the setup. In strong winds always fly upwind first and check control, so if you have a problem, you will get the drone back.

As stated in the post, it was not even close to being planned. I agree, I prefer very light winds

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M