Solo doesn't always hold still

Reaction score
I've noticed this the last few times I've flown, but not enough to know yet that there's a pattern or consistency. When I hit fly to take off, it'll spin up and then go up to its hover position. But then it'll sometimes start drifting off without any input. Or if I'm flying around and then come into a position to hold, it'll drift a little. Sometimes its slow, sometimes its enough to make me panic and think its gonna go run wild on me (not that it ever has). Today I noticed that from the first hover position, I only went straight up to climb to about 100 feet and it turned about 90 degrees.

Still pretty new to all this. I did have one very low level low speed crash, which was the first time this happened. I brought it up to its first hover spot then it just wandered off and went down.

For reference, here's a pic from the flight today. You can see me and the spot I took off from right at the base of the far right bridge upright.

GOPR0140.jpg

I'll give that a shot. Thanks.

Here's a second shot from the flight. For the life of me I can't seem to get the mode to set to wide for photos.

GOPR0138.jpg

Yea I just had this exact same issue and the first few tickets I was told normal drift was less than 6 feet so it's fine, but I knew something was off so I kept going and sent it in eventually. Some drift is normal, mine wasn't and it was like you say where it went in a direction to the point of panic. I sent mine in just under a year from release and they sent me a brand new looking and flying refurb that I'm very happy with. So if you think it's nit normal be persistent cause they have to do their part to weed out bogus claims, but they will honor their promise if it's in fact solos fault not ours. Good luck man I tried everything under the sun and 3dr finally said there were odd readings on the y axis and ended up just replacing it. It took about 3 weeks from when I shipped it out to get my new bird, but it was well worth the wait. Fly safe and hope this helps with some of the uncertainty and frustration I experienced knowing it wasn't right, but being told it was a couple times.

I'd definitley try all your calibrations level, compass, sticks and I tried a factory reset. Maybe hold off on a reset as this was a last resort on my end and isn't recommended unless service says to do it. Try these to avoid the down time, but I'd go ahead and send in a ticket with your last ten logs and these videos while your at it. Make sure your in a good open area with no issues cause that'll be the first response if it's not near perfect, if you send in these things it'll avoid their first few replies and get ya flying sooner.

I've been meaning to go take some shots of that bridge! You've reminded me of something to do this weekend!

Do a compass calibration, outside in an open area away from buildings and metal objects. Then do a level calibration on a nice level surface. That should help the drifting if it can be helped.

That's what I wasn't sure of. If where I took off from and was standing was not open enough and cause an issue.
Yea I took mine to a more open area at their request to do testing, but my yard is where it started and I've flown solo here about 100 times as well as a p2 for years so I knew this wasn't my issue. That was the first thing they said because honestly my yards not the most ideal place, but there is plenty of open sky and I have enough property to fly safe. Just jump through the couple hoops troubleshooting if the above doesn't fix it and even though they say it may or may not be covered it sounds exactly like mine so it should be an exchange. If it helps at all your welcome to mention it seems identical to my issue cause it didn't sound real common.

My names Andrew Dimuzio I'm sure they can pull up my logs for comparison. If you do go that route and need my email or anything else info wise feel free to pm me. Good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44