Solo Body Shell Hydro Dip MoD

Reaction score
Body shell replacement mod mock up first picture + The final result but no Cobra head

Attachments

• Solo-Cobra-Mod (2).jpg
    Solo-Cobra-Mod (2).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 239
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    704.6 KB · Views: 216
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    771.2 KB · Views: 204
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    671.4 KB · Views: 209
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 205
Reactions: LouGeese
Nice are you using high dollar equipment or just those cheaper kits they sell? I've wanted to use these dip kits but wonder if the results turn out great or not.

How'd you do on your first couple is there a steep learning curve or can someone usually quick to learn and good with their hands get good results early on.

The instructions ares pretty strait forward but here's a review plus the basic instuctions
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The instructions ares pretty strait forward but here's a review plus the basic instuctions
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Thanks a lot, soon as I complete my solo I'll give it a shot, may try it out on another rc while I wait since I'm still not sure when solo will finally be complete. I'd like to believe this week but I can't say I believe it's going to happen.

Kewl thing Adi
I might do another dip soon using this one
Sexy%20ZombiesSMLbase_LRG.jpg

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Wow buddy watched the video and I wish I'd of done this long ago. I wanted to buy an xo-1 body and a p2 shell but glad I didn't now. I got a carbon express crossbow that I love that's dipped, I wonder if it's the base or what that gives that rubber feel to it. Wonder if a plasti dip type base would work to achieve that texture? Or if it would react wrong and not work out? Guess I got some experimenting to do thanks again, looks like I found a project while waiting now.

Well having a rubber texture felling on top of the hydro film might not work this i my 2 cents
im saying this because the flex in the plasti texture might rub against the hydro film and create
micro fissures in the dip film But who knows when you have a chance give it a go on a test surrface

Also this might not be in the same topic we talking but the back ground color where you apply your Dip film as a great effect on the result lest says you want to create a gas tank with flames design on it
well then if you want Vivid color you going to need to paint the BG
in yellow to make the orange and yellow stand out
If you buy your kit from that seller i gave you
you need to be care full when fill up your order and presize the base coat color other whise it's going to be tane by default there's a range of color to chooses from

Last edited:
Well having a rubber texture felling on top of the hydro film might not work this i my 2 cents
im saying this because the flex in the plasti texture might rub against the hydro film and create
micro fissures in the dip film But who knows when you have a chance give it a go on a test surrface

Also this might not be in the same topic we talking but the back ground color where you apply your Dip film as a great effect on the result lest says you want to create a gas tank with flames design on it
well then if you want Vivid color you going to need to paint the BG
in yellow to make the orange and yellow stand out
If you buy your kit from that seller i gave you
you need to be care full when fill up your order and presize the base coat color other whise it's going to be tane by default there's a range of color to chooses from
Cool thanks I wonder how they get that texture through the film on rifles or that bow then, I figured it was a bit more difficult or a more professional process. Doesn't matter on these rc projects I was just thinking later on other ones or maybe on a controller of one of these quads. Really cool and looks easy if you take your time, thanks for the tips I'll use them for sure. I'll post up whatever I end up doing sooner or later, I'm debating if it's worth the upgraded kits or not now and I'll be ordering something soon.

Well i forgot to mention but in my previous Mock Up picture i had a cobra head
just to let you know your not stuck with the film pattern provider you can also makes your own

Free shipping 10pcs/lot Blank Water Transfer Printing Film for Inkjet printer,A4 size hydrographic film, US $ 13.60 / Pack
aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-10pcs-lot-Water-Transfer-Printing-Film-for-Inkjet-printer-A4-size-hydrographic-film-decorative/1752540194.html?isOrigTitle=true
Ok it'sChina stuff but hey you print your stuff :)

PS: no actitvator inclded

Last edited:
I am so glad I have waited to paint my extra Solo shell... I am definitly doing this and my shot gun for duck season.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
I am so glad I have waited to paint my extra Solo shell... I am definitly doing this and my shot gun for duck season.
Yea after seeing the video I'm shocked, I thought it was much harder and would at least require larger tubs of chemicals. Didn't realize it was spray cans and water.

What is the process for removing it if you wanna fix it or change it

What is the process for removing it if you wanna fix it or change it
I'd say it's likley easy pre clear coat but after its proly stuck just like spray paint. Yea I just looked it up and seems denatured alcohol removes the graphic pre clear coat if it's right away, paint thinner, or sand blasting were metal options for firearms and such, covering it seems to be the only useable plastic one most others would destroy our plastic.

So unless one of my little plasti dip type experiments would work which I kinda doubt, seems that it's a permanent change. At least most of this plastic isn't very expensive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44