Solo Beginning Pilots! Check This Out...

Reaction score
Hey guys!
It seems like there are a lot of folks hereabouts that are seriously hesitant to try flying their Solo on manual. Heck, why wouldn't you be? Drop two thousand bucks or so on a flying contraption that's supposed to allow complete novices to fly like a champ - but nothing ever really works out that way, does it? I bet new flyers in general are just waiting (maybe even expecting) their new investment to head off into the sunset like an airborne Randolph Scott, never to return.
Learning proper orientation, altitude estimation, wind speed, etc. - these are absolutely essential skills to possess if you plan on making fun, productive (and stress-free) flights.
Buying a small toy drone is certainly one way to go about things. But - we know what we really like, now don't we?
Here is a Drone sim I've been using for awhile. Costs five bucks at the App Store, so nope it ain't free.
But - this is the most realistic quad sim I've ever heard tell of, either here or west of the Mason-Dixon Line.
Adjust your flight specs to exactly replicate that of your Solo, fly in FPV or from the pilots view, return home, follow, everything is here! Even some challenges just for fun.
The real kicker is that it not only supports controllers but also Google Cardboard. That's right, 3D! Works great.
And nossir, this ain't an advertisement - I'm just a writer by trade and have a flair for excess.
Check it out!

QuadcopterFx Simulator on the App Store

Reactions: Raybro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig