Solo battery % after open solo.

Reaction score
Hi my solo battery % on the controller display is constantly changing from 100 % to the current battery % and then the display shows 0% and stays there which is very annoying I have to land the aircraft and turn it off and start the aircraft again then the display starts showing the correct amount of charge again please help me solve this issue. Thanks

From my experience, the battery data wires inside the copter have a poor connection. These are the white/green wires leading to the main board, from the battery terminal board.

The forum has several threads related to your issue, with details and fixes. Search is your friend.

Reactions: 2 Drone
From my experience, the battery data wires inside the copter have a poor connection. These are the white/green wires leading to the main board, from the battery terminal board.

The forum has several threads related to your issue, with details and fixes. Search is your friend.
Ok thanks I look into that but the thing is that this wasn't happening before this started happening after I installed the open solo program. Thanks for the help

What is the battery % on the app showing? The same thing or normal/correct %?

Hi when I turn on the aircraft the battery is fully charged and as I start flying the battery %on the controller and solex starts switching from 100 % to the actual charge on the batt for example 78% then it shows 100%then back to the actual charge 75%then back to 100% and keeps doing that then the display shows 0% but thats not the actual charge on the batt I have to land the aircraft turn off the aircraft again and it starts showing the actual charge on the battery agai

Sorry I send the message without finishing ok as I was saying I land the aircraft and turn it off then I turn it back on again and the display starts showing again the batt % that obviously wasn't 0% please help me. Thanks.

You already said that. Please answer my question. What is the battery % on the app showing? The same thing or normal/correct %?

You already said that. Please answer my question. What is the battery % on the app showing? The same thing or normal/correct %?
as I start flying the battery %on the controller and solex starts switching from 100 % to the actual charge on the batt for example 78% then it shows 100%then back to the actual charge 75%then back to 100% and keeps doing that then the display shows 0%

Ok I Im thinking that when I updated to open solo the battery that I used to update was bad. Is it possible that this is causing the issue? I have bought 2 new batteries is it possible to redo the open solo install with the new battery? And how to do that? Thanks

Oh, I see now you did answer that. Sorry. The most likely culprit is a bad battery reporting junk data, and the systems is accurately reporting the junk data it is being given. Try a different battery and see if it does the same thing or clears up.

Oh, I see now you did answer that. Sorry. The most likely culprit is a bad battery reporting junk data, and the systems is accurately reporting the junk data it is being given. Try a different battery and see if it does the same thing or clears up.
Do I have to redo the open solo install with the new battery? How to do that?

No. I'm saying I think your battery is defective and that it has nothing to do with Open Solo or any software. So try using a different battery and see if the battery % works properly.

Do I have to redo the open solo install with the new battery? How to do that?
Yesterday I was flying with the new battery and the problem persist. How to revert to stock solo and redo the open solo install with the new batt. thanks

OK. In that case I would defer to Rich's initial suggestion that the battery wires inside are loose. But if you want to redo the installation, all you need to do is execute a factory reset. That will re-install Open Solo clean.

OK. In that case I would defer to Rich's initial suggestion that the battery wires inside are loose. But if you want to redo the installation, all you need to do is execute a factory reset. That will re-install Open Solo clean.
Ok thanks

I am experiencing the same problem with all 5 of my batteries after installing Open Solo 3.0. It starts off at 100% and when it gets to the 80% area they all go to -1% and stays that way until I land and cycle the power, then is shows the correct percentage.

The one thing that I have not do is to start a second flight and see if the battery percentage changes like the first flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado