Solo app for Android Device

Reaction score
So I have an old Samsung Galaxy tablet, and wanted to see how it worked with the solo video feed. So I go to the "Play Store" and all I see is "Solo Beta" app, and it's not released yet, or there is a waiting list of people to beta test it. So what is there to use for my tablet...is there no 3DR Solo app for it? I know there is Solex, but all my devices are apple products and I don't want to pay $40 to just to try it out on this 4 year old tablet.

Reactions: Jim Levagood
The solo beta app is old and unused. That's from over year ago when 3DR was still developing the app. If you don't see the 3DR Solo app, then your device is too old and not compatible.

So I have an old Samsung Galaxy tablet, and wanted to see how it worked with the solo video feed. So I go to the "Play Store" and all I see is "Solo Beta" app, and it's not released yet, or there is a waiting list of people to beta test it. So what is there to use for my tablet...is there no 3DR Solo app for it? I know there is Solex, but all my devices are apple products and I don't want to pay $40 to just to try it out on this 4 year old tablet.
go on line and google solo apk..i did it on a old nexus 7 and it works great...couldnt download it from playstore said not compatible..but it downloaded online...screen is real bright on the nexus7 ..bought a used one for$28 on ebay
, member: 13556"]So I have an old Samsung Galaxy tablet, and wanted to see how it worked with the solo video feed. So I go to the "Play Store" and all I see is "Solo Beta" app, and it's not released yet, or there is a waiting list of people to beta test it. So what is there to use for my tablet...is there no 3DR Solo app for it? I know there is Solex, but all my devices are apple products and I don't want to pay $40 to just to try it out on this 4 year old tablet.[/QUOTE]
The solo beta app is old and unused. That's from over year ago when 3DR was still developing the app. If you don't see the 3DR Solo app, then your device is too old and not compatible.
Go online and google solo apk .

Google solo apk for download online.. I bought a nexus 7 1st generation.. playstore said not compatible ..but it downloaded online with no prob and works great...paid $28 for a 1st generation nexus 7 on ebay

Easy killer. No need to spam the same thing over and over. Lots of people aren't comfortable side-side-loading due to the possibility of a tampered app. An especially bad thing when that app is connected to a flying machine.

So far so good.. about 50 flights now without one problem...was using a nextbook ares 8 but couldn't see screen...can see nexus 7 screen alot better.. online was only way I could get app to load...

Reactions: allen_993
Google solo apk for download online.. I bought a nexus 7 1st generation.. playstore said not compatible ..but it downloaded online with no prob and works great...paid $28 for a 1st generation nexus 7 on ebay
I'll check it out "solo apk" and provide feedback...thanks.

I am trying to download the "solo apk" app and it's been downloading now for about 30 minutes. The whole process is kind of a mess really...not very clear as to what the name of the app is, several things. If it doesn't finish soon, I'm calling DEAD on the "solo apk" app.

UPDATE: ok...so it turns out the app actually did download in a matter of seconds...but the download icon on the app page continued showing 'downloading' with a scrolling progress bar, so I thought it was locked up. And what downloaded was an application needed to then download the actual "solo apk" app. So I did the download and it appears to simply be the original Solo app...exact same, with all the exact same settings, even the opening video on the "home" page of the guy jumping motorcycles in the desert. However, I will fly with extra caution until I feel it is safe...but 'daniel s' has 50 flights with it, so I feel pretty good about it.

Many thanks to 'daniel s' for pointing me to this. It looks to be the Solo app for older non-compatible tablets.

Last edited:
I'll check it out "solo apk" and provide feedback...thanks.

I am trying to download the "solo apk" app and it's been downloading now for about 30 minutes. The whole process is kind of a mess really...not very clear as to what the name of the app is, several things. If it doesn't finish soon, I'm calling DEAD on the "solo apk" app.

UPDATE: ok...so it turns out the app actually did download in a matter of seconds...but the download icon on the app page continued showing 'downloading' with a scrolling progress bar, so I thought it was locked up. And what downloaded was an application needed to then download the actual "solo apk" app. So I did the download and it appears to simply be the original Solo app...exact same, with all the exact same settings, even the opening video on the "home" page of the guy jumping motorcycles in the desert. However, I will fly with extra caution until I feel it is safe...but 'daniel s' has 50 flights with it, so I feel pretty good about it.

Many thanks to 'daniel s' for pointing me to this. It looks to be the Solo app for older non-compatible tablets.
U r welcome my fellow pilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc