Solo and equipment price reductions, what does it mean?

The unit is no longer competitively priced, they've got a major competitive announcement coming from another manufacturer, and they've realized they need to be more market-aligned. There was no Yuneec, DJI had limited value, and now the market is exploding. Buying the market is a smart move on their part, IMO.
And yes, they likely are overstocked with product; drone sales in general dropped significantly in the USA thanks to the FAA snafu's and media coverage.

All good things for the consumer
3DR is very quite
that means they are done, which I doubt
or
They learned last year and will not announce some really good things until the can actually deliver in 2016

Batteries are 2 for the price of 1 THIS WEEKEND ONLY ! At checkout on the 3DR site, use FREE2NDBATTERY

Smart Solo is smart.
I read this article this morning, packed up and then flew around. While I was flying the battery showed 28% power when it came home automatically. I could hear it beeping as it brought itself home and I didn't argue, I figured it must have detected something I otherwise didn't know about. Packed up and came home.
I downloaded the tlogs from the controller and loaded them into Mission Planner to find it went into failsafe due to a low battery - it must have detected the voltage was acceptable but there was insufficient current to safely stay in the air! I looked up this article and have two new batteries on the way. :D (note to self, they only last ~6 months under moderate usage, flying twice per week average).

As an aside, I purchased a gimbal at half price via Amazon per another thread here, this was the first flight using the gimbal. The wind was pretty harsh (sending the nearest large flag horizontal), the Solo bucked it seemingly without effort and the footage was crisp, as if there wasn't so much as a breeze.

Seriously, I LOVE this platform. <3

- R

Post note - continuing to analyze in the Mission Planner, a gust of wind hit and there wasn't enough current as tried to correct and the power draw spiked as a result (ie, low current at 28%, battery going bad), resulting in RTH. Would have been fine if I were flying in near-zero wind, but the spike in draw caused it to hit the bottom of the well earlier.
*Smart*...

Last edited:
Reactions: 5r49cfu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks