Solex

Personally, I'm hoping that you won't get any help at all with this.

The person who wrote Solex and pretty much has been constantly updating it for free ever since is a member here.

Solex, along with the huge efforts of a number of members and the community spirt here is what's keeping Solo in the air.

But hey.... $30 is $30 right?

I'm sorry if I sound preachy and disgusted....but that's how I feel, so that's how it comes out.

This whole community sound so nice when I read everyone else's posts and questions but you can help out me! what is this!? You will hope to never see me you all are dead to me.

This whole community sound so nice when I read everyone else's posts and questions but you can help out me! what is this!? You will hope to never see me you all are dead to me.
Owen, they're being friendly and they're offering you a good bit of life advice, whether or not you currently see it that way or agree with what is being said.

Think of it this way: You're asking for help to steal. They're simply saying that stealing isn't the right course of action, and that you have other avenues open to you such as using the stock 3DR app (or even Tower). If you have a laptop/tablet (Windows, Mac, Linux) with WiFi, you can even use that as a Ground Control Station using Mission Planner or QGroundControl.

I too think Solex is a bit steep in terms of the price, but that's simply because I've used the other free options and have not found them lacking. I suggest you give them a try to see if they meet your needs.

If you have any questions about those, feel free to ask. You'll get plenty of help.

If you really are fixed on Solex and need something it offers, you're only short about $30. I'm not sure what country you're from, but when I was that age and needed money, that was only about a day's worth of work for family/friends/neighbors doing yardwork or other chores. That's how I built my first computer :)

You can make it work :)

I can't see the original post since it was deleted, but I gather he was trying to find a way to get Solex for free.

When I started out in R/C in 1984 at the age of 14, I did yardwork to pay for my hobby... but I never would have made it as far as I did without the help of some amazing (AMAZING!) people who helped me learn the hobby and generously donated R/C parts when my yardwork job wasn't enough.

In the spirit of passing that on, I would be willing to chip in $10 with two others to buy Owen Solex. I guess we could either pay the developer directly or get a Play Store digital gift code.

Hopefully Owen is a nice young man and will change his tone a bit if some people reach out to help him.

Anyone care to help out?

Reactions: Kmilozaz

Hi Owen. If you want to try using Solex without paying for it, feel free. There's an old version floating around out there, 1.0.9. It has very few features relative to current versions. Any versions later than that have code in them to detect when the app's been pirated, and to take various actions to annoy the heck out of you. Some of those annoyances have comedic value, and since you're not paying for it, I feel no obligation to help you when you have trouble. So please. Go grab a pirated copy somewhere, fly with it, and report your findings back here. :)

Not sure it matters so much now....but just before the profile was deleted it gave his age as 52.

Or do we really think typo permitting that this is him...

Owen Bodnar

Either way, looks like he could probably afford the $30... [emoji3]

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig