Solex for Solo

Hi Steve, I would be interested in seeing how the Indoors Profile option works indoors! Thanks...Sam
Indoor Profile?
I only know what most users knows about Solex.
Profile, means that you can save a certain Configuration of Solo options "can be many" then retrieve them as a Profile that you save previously.

Example: to save a Profile for later use to fly indoors.
First you would set all the options Solo needs to be able to fly indoors.
No GPS "Manual flight control" Fly speed Slow, , Etc. etc...
Then save the Profile under any name you wish "indoors" would be a good one.
If your interested in operating Solo indoors, Your going to need a lot of practice to do so. Gps will not be available to help your flight. "Manual flight control" must be set from controller. Solo will act more like a hockey puck on ice, compared to GPS mode.
No Smart Shots with out GPS also.

I think @Kelly Schrock, the creator of Solex ment "Indoors Profile" as a example i think.

But i will ask Kelly more about it/

Hope this help

Indoor Profile?
I only know what most users knows about Solex.
Profile, means that you can save a certain Configuration of Solo options "can be many" then retrieve them as a Profile that you save previously.

Example: to save a Profile for later use to fly indoors.
First you would set all the options Solo needs to be able to fly indoors.
No GPS "Manual flight control" Fly speed Slow, , Etc. etc...
Then save the Profile under any name you wish "indoors" would be a good one.
If your interested in operating Solo indoors, Your going to need a lot of practice to do so. Gps will not be available to help your flight. "Manual flight control" must be set from controller. Solo will act more like a hockey puck on ice, compared to GPS mode.
No Smart Shots with out GPS also.

I think @Kelly Schrock, the creator of Solex ment "Indoors Profile" as a example i think.

But i will ask Kelly more about it/

Hope this help
Hi Steve, the Indoor Profile is exactly that, an example profile that is delivered with Solex. I was just asking/wondering if anyone tried it out successfully. Thanks...Sam

Hi Steve, the Indoor Profile is exactly that, an example profile that is delivered with Solex. I was just asking/wondering if anyone tried it out successfully. Thanks...Sam
Save present setting to"Normal"
Then load "Indoor"
Then, compare changes.
Then reload "Normal" Profile

No one i know flies indoors with Solo?
I would try it, but the indoor place need to be as big as the Astrodome in Houston LOL.
I like using my GPS to help me fly my Solo. Main reason i bought it.
Lost GPS once for a Sec or two. My fault, was hovering under large tree limbs. Regained GPS signal. No foul, No error.

Save present setting to"Normal"
Then load "Indoor"
Then, compare changes.
Then reload "Normal" Profile

No one i know flies indoors with Solo?
I would try it, but the indoor place need to be as big as the Astrodome in Houston LOL.
I like using my GPS to help me fly my Solo. Main reason i bought it.
Lost GPS once for a Sec or two. My fault, was hovering under large tree limbs. Regained GPS signal. No foul, No error.
Thanks Steve, good tip!

What happened to the start button? here is a shot of my nexus 7 2013 with Solex. the instructions are saying to hit start. Where is the start Button? I tried selfie and was able to hit a phantom button somewhere on the screen to make it work. I was pressing all over the screen like a Meth Monkey.
BTW, the selfish still rotates the copter to 180 degrees
when you start it.

Forgot the pic.

Attachments

• 20161125_130231_001.jpg
    20161125_130231_001.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 65
Forgot the pic.

Update.

Hmm I guess it should be select instead of start.
It only works sporadically. I can hear it click but it doesn't activate most of the time.
It seems to be more reliable early in the flight. Not sure if it's my tablet.

I have. :) It's a Flight Profile I included with Solex to make sure it doesn't try to RTL or something (actually, anything using GPS at all) indoors. The lean angles and such are more conservative to make it fly more slowly, but it's also unsafe to use a barometer-assisted mode indoors. Pressure changes (HVAC kicking on or off, someone slamming a door in a tight room) can send your drone in search of the ceiling or floor in a hurry. As a result, the only available flight mode is Stabilize, which has a pretty touchy throttle. So it's a bit nerve wracking flying inside. On the plus side, there's really no wind to speak of in most buildings, so even though it doesn't explicitly hold position like it does in a GPS assisted mode, it also doesn't drift around much since there's nothing to push it. You just have to actually lean the right way to stop.

Kelly Schrock

Testing, 1.2.3

Solex 1.2.3 is en route to your devices! Here's what's in this update:

. Remote Commands!

This feature will get one of 2 reactions: "Great!" or "What?" It's going to be of use to some, and probably of NO use to others. It's a way to map a command line on the Solo itself to a button in the app, so you can click it and run some custom command on the Solo. On the main menu, you'll find a "Remote Commands" item. Click that, and you'll find a screen for creating and maintaining Commands that you can run on the Solo.

For example, let's say you have something you do on your Solo via the command line to some special device you've attached to it or something. This feature lets you specify that command, name it something, set a color for the button's border, and then click that while you're flying to get the command to run (as opposed to, say, SSHing into the Solo from a terminal and running it manually). That's basically it.

You can display the command's output, log the command's output to a file on your Android device (still displays the result), or ignore the output. Once you've logged some output, you can read it by clicking the "logged output" button in the editor for that command.

There's an example command in there to play with. Just connect your Solo, hit "Run" from within the editor, and see the output.

. Spoken Recording status

The periodic voice prompt can now speak to tell you whether you're recording or not.

. Remember Camera mode

Someone pointed out that when they restart their camera, it comes up in the default mode for the CAMERA, not Solex's last selection. For example, suppose you were in Picture mode in Solex, but your camera is set to start in Video mode. When you power down to switch batteries or something, it comes up in Video mode, and you might not notice until you hit the "take a picture" button and realize it's in video mode again. This update makes it so the camera mode is switched to the last-used mode automatically. (Thanks Scott Manthey for the suggestion)

. Small camera UI updates

To make it a little more obvious which mode you're in, the shutter button changes to something else when you're in picture mode vs video mode.

That's it until the next update.

15167561_10154778017818384_8894968771682882935_o.jpg

yeah, my raction is: GREAT !

the remote commands are really a fun thing, everyone who is interested what you can do with this should have a look here:

Solo Servo Sweep - Hackster.io

there are zillions of possibilities, as the UNO has a lot of I/O ports to interact with sensors or actuators

for e.g. you could hook up an IR Diode and send commands to a camera attached to solo (not a gopro) via IR (zooming in/out ?)

hook up PDC Sensors and make a collision avoidance and so on....

think further......

Reactions: Kelly Schrock
yeah, my raction is: GREAT !

the remote commands are really a fun thing, everyone who is interested what you can do with this should have a look here:

Solo Servo Sweep - Hackster.io

there are zillions of possibilities, as the UNO has a lot of I/O ports to interact with sensors or actuators

for e.g. you could hook up an IR Diode and send commands to a camera attached to solo (not a gopro) via IR (zooming in/out ?)

hook up PDC Sensors and make a collision avoidance and so on....

think further......

Yes, this! This is the sort of thing I was thinking it would enable. Awesome! Let me know how you like this, and how it might be expanded to make things like what you're doing work better. The ability to interact with the Linux side of the Solo, I think has huge potential not only for the Solo, but other Linux-ish birds that are coming. Thanks.

Hi Kelly,
Like you alluded it to, the new Command Button capability is great for those who have those extra devices to send command to, but I'm sticking to my guns and go out on the limb again and make my request to include the map display capability that I think at least 80% of us would find extremely beneficial.

"enter the distance between the left and right items,and from your vehicle to a point directly between the items"
that the measure, a little unclear?

Hi Kelly,
Like you alluded it to, the new Command Button capability is great for those who have those extra devices to send command to, but I'm sticking to my guns and go out on the limb again and make my request to include the map display capability that I think at least 80% of us would find extremely beneficial.
Agree...

Hi Kelly,

I've been giving that some thought, and getting close to going ahead and putting it in! I didn't include it at first, but I think it opens up the possibility for some cool things.

Thanks,
Kelly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44