Solex App for Android

I couldn't find an Nvidea and they were willing to take the Lenovo back. I ended up with a Samsung Galaxy and actually had a flight today. Thanks very much for looking into it.
My next flight will be with Solex. The wife has given me some tasks videotaping her gardens. I need to learn it quick...lol.

Cool, good to know it's working! Lesson learned on the Lenovo too. I had (until recently) a very old Lenovo tablet, but didn't test Solex on it since it was far too old (Android 2.x) to run any modern apps. :)

I remember a few others on this forum having issues with Lenovo tablets a few months ago. Don't remember the details but may be worth a search for those contemplating a Lenovo purchase - or for you Kelly - though the problem was with the 3DR App. May have been a problem with the Lenovo processor?? I'm kinda fuzzy... I don't think their problems were ever resolved short of a new tablet.

I remember a few others on this forum having issues with Lenovo tablets a few months ago. Don't remember the details but may be worth a search for those contemplating a Lenovo purchase - or for you Kelly - though the problem was with the 3DR App. May have been a problem with the Lenovo processor?? I'm kinda fuzzy... I don't think their problems were ever resolved short of a new tablet.

Might have been a problem with the processor, or in the codec somewhere. That's the aggravating thing with Android, really. The openness is an upside, but it's also the door through which things like this get into play too. :)

Might have been a problem with the processor, or in the codec somewhere. That's the aggravating thing with Android, really. The openness is an upside, but it's also the door through which things like this get into play too. :)
I just purchased Solex and am experiencing the same symptoms as in robhod's video with my Kindle Fire 7". It appears that the video is incompatible with the Kindle Fire's codec. Do I understand that your recommendation is to purchase a $239.99 Nvidia Shield K1? I wish that I had discovered this incompatibility before purchasing Solex. Are you considering an iOS version?

Last edited:
Reactions: jimloss
I have a Kindle Fire HD 8" which runs Solex fine.
Has anyone successfully run Solex on a Kindle Fire 7" (5th Generation)? At this point, I don't know whether it is a problem with the device or not. I have attempted to connect to two different Solos through their respective controllers. At one point I was able to change the lighting pattern on one of the Solos, but after 4 hours of attempts, I gave up. Both Solos would connect to my iPad Pro running iOS 10.2.1, but that will soon end when I need to update to a new operating system.

I have a Kindle Fire HD 8" which runs Solex fine.

Did you root it and put Google Play Services on, or did it work without that? Wondering if I need to root 7". I don't use it for anything so I might as well risk bricking it if it will give me something bigger than my phone to work with.

Did you root it and put Google Play Services on, or did it work without that? Wondering if I need to root 7". I don't use it for anything so I might as well risk bricking it if it will give me something bigger than my phone to work with.
I don't know if "root' is a pre-condition to install Google Play Services, but that is how I purchased Solex on my Kindle Fire 7". Except for changing the lights via Solex, I could not get Solex to work. I ended up purchasing a Nvida Shield K1 which runs Solex flawlessly.

It's been a while so I forget the details. You have to enable loading apps from non Kindle sites, and manually load the Google Play store.
A quick google search should get you an answer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc