So confused and need help :s

Reaction score
hi i bought the solo the first day of release in Australia and I've got a go pro hero 4 black aswell, I use my iPhone 6 as the screen and that is my set up but for some unknown reason I have never been able to record from my go pro. Only from the live feed on my phone. It's like the solo doesn't connect properly with the go pro as I havn't been able to do follow me or selfie mode either. Every time I fly my drone I get the live feedback and can do orbit and cable cam but that's it. And I can't record it to my go pro. I've attatched two pictures of what my screen looks like with the go pro icon being unavailable to click.
HELP PLEASE as I've now spent a lot of money on this drone and haven't been able to utilise any of it ;(
Thank you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 41
turn off record during shots
that records only when you are in a smart shot
Also check your battery and SD card in the camera. the icon with the slash though it on the camera is telling you that gopro is not available to record to.
Can you record to the SD card away from solo?

Reactions: BlueRidgeVis
turn off record during shots
that records only when you are in a smart shot
Also check your battery and SD card in the camera. the icon with the slash though it on the camera is telling you that gopro is not available to record to.
Can you record to the SD card away from solo?

Yes can still record when using go pro and sd card out of solo drone.

I believe your picture of the menu shows you are in photo mode, i believe you need to hit mode to switch to video mode,
after turning on controller and drone then app and connect i hit the front power button for a couple seconds to power on gopro then on controller i hit red
record button before taking off, if i hit record after take off it sometimes will not record, also make sure when you installed your
gimbal you connected the video cable correctly, there should be 2 wires to connect in the housing when installing the gimbal.

I believe your picture of the menu shows you are in photo mode, i believe you need to hit mode to switch to video mode,
after turning on controller and drone then app and connect i hit the front power button for a couple seconds to power on gopro then on controller i hit red
record button before taking off, if i hit record after take off it sometimes will not record, also make sure when you installed your
gimbal you connected the video cable correctly, there should be 2 wires to connect in the housing when installing the gimbal.
Ok I'll give it a try. Thanks

Mine has done this on occasion. I'm now more keen to looking for this issue before take off. Sometimes I've had to power off the go pro and power back on. Sometimes disconnect from gimbal then reconnect till that option is available again. Haven't quite figured out why it happens. Other times ill power off the solo completely. either way one of those resets opens up that option for me again. Sorry I know this doesn't solve the issue but just know you're not alone with it. Sorry to hear about the follow me feature not working. That I've never had an issue with.

Mine has done this on occasion. I'm now more keen to looking for this issue before take off. Sometimes I've had to power off the go pro and power back on. Sometimes disconnect from gimbal then reconnect till that option is available again. Haven't quite figured out why it happens. Other times ill power off the solo completely. either way one of those resets opens up that option for me again. Sorry I know this doesn't solve the issue but just know you're not alone with it. Sorry to hear about the follow me feature not working. That I've never had an issue with.
thanks a lot. at least good to know I'm not alone

ok sweet for some reason one of those tricks you guys gave me seemed to work :) I've now fixed the problem with the go pro video recording. but does anybody know why I'm experiencing this: every time i click on the smart shot list it doesn't seem to do anything. all that comes up is instruction on how to do the show with a small x in the top right corner and when i click the x the drone doesn't change from fly mode.
Any insight would be great.
I've attached some screenshots of the stages i go through.

Attachments

• IMG_3127.jpg
    IMG_3127.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3126.jpg
    IMG_3126.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3125.jpg
    IMG_3125.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 28
I sure hope you dont take this wrong, but some of your questions sort of indicate you have not read much of the manual, nor watched flight school videos
We can certainly help you skip those steps, but your risk of destroying a very expensive piece of equipment goes way up

ok sweet for some reason one of those tricks you guys gave me seemed to work :) I've now fixed the problem with the go pro video recording. but does anybody know why I'm experiencing this: every time i click on the smart shot list it doesn't seem to do anything. all that comes up is instruction on how to do the show with a small x in the top right corner and when i click the x the drone doesn't change from fly mode.
Any insight would be great.
I've attached some screenshots of the stages i go through.
Those are the help screens. Those come up when you use the Solo app while not connected to the Solo.

I sure hope you dont take this wrong, but some of your questions sort of indicate you have not read much of the manual, nor watched flight school videos
We can certainly help you skip those steps, but your risk of destroying a very expensive piece of equipment goes way up
I've flown the drone countless times and have used the orbit and cable camera modes countless times also, when the solo drone is connected and I'm in the sky in fly mode whenever i click on the smart shot list it just comes up with the instructions. nothing else happens. even when i click on orbit mode it doesn't put it into orbit mode. i can only get into orbit or cable cam mode when i assign them to the a or b buttons. on the tutorial videos the smart shot list is a drop down menu from the top of the screen which is not there with mine. it says fly and if u click on that it just comes up with numbers. nothing else.

Those are the help screens. Those come up when you use the Solo app while not connected to the Solo.
when the solo drone is connected and I'm in the sky in fly mode whenever i click on the smart shot list it just comes up with the instructions. nothing else happens. even when i click on orbit mode it doesn't put it into orbit mode. i can only get into orbit or cable cam mode when i assign them to the a or b buttons. on the tutorial videos the smart shot list is a drop down menu from the top of the screen which is not there with mine. it says fly and if u click on that it just comes up with numbers. nothing else.

when the solo drone is connected and I'm in the sky in fly mode whenever i click on the smart shot list it just comes up with the instructions. nothing else happens. even when i click on orbit mode it doesn't put it into orbit mode. i can only get into orbit or cable cam mode when i assign them to the a or b buttons. on the tutorial videos the smart shot list is a drop down menu from the top of the screen which is not there with mine. it says fly and if u click on that it just comes up with numbers. nothing else.
Well that's interesting. First I would make sure all your firmware and software is up to date. Firmware on the GoPro, Solo gimbal, drone, and controller. And lastly make sure you have the latest version of the Solo app. Once that is confirmed, then do a full power up from scratch and test once more. If you are still getting the help screens while the Solo is in the air and in Fly mode, then I would call 3DR Support directly.

If you find a solution, post back here (for the next guy).

Have you changed your flight mode? Are you in manual mode or something? I've never tried it but it would make sense to lock out smart shots if your in a mode that doesn't use GPS, which the smartshots require. I doubt you changed your flight mode but thought I'd throw it out there.

I was having a similar issue with mine. I started turning the gopro on before solo and it resolved the issue. Not sure why but if I try to turn the GP on through the APP it is like it does not see the GP so I make sure to turn the GP on first and it works.

Reactions: erikgraham
I was having a similar issue with mine. I started turning the gopro on before solo and it resolved the issue. Not sure why but if I try to turn the GP on through the APP it is like it does not see the GP so I make sure to turn the GP on first and it works.

Similar observation here. For me, however, the order of powering on didn't matter, the key was to power on the GoPro before inserting it into the gimbal. If I powered it on after inserting it, everything would look fine, but it would record only to phone, not to the GoPro itself. However, even in that situation it could do smart shots (recording only to phone), so the OP seems to have a somewhat different problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso