Smart shots and solex controls

Reaction score
Have been learning Solex and found (after some discussion in Dans' group) that something is not set properly with my Solo.
I connect, press the airplane symbol, then press the video camera symbol and get the smart shot list.
I press a selection like Selfie and see the instructions. When I select t type of shot, I assume that the SELECT Should highlite. But it stays grey. Sometimes there is a blinking up/down green arrow symbol in the lower right corner.
Therein lies my problem.
Well, took my parts drone out for a flight(no gimbal) and thought I would try smart shots. What do you know the SELECT button is highlighted and works fine.
So I am missing something on my good bird setup.

Reactions: Ahvengeance
Have been learning Solex and found (after some discussion in Dans' group) that something is not set properly with my Solo.
I connect, press the airplane symbol, then press the video camera symbol and get the smart shot list.
I press a selection like Selfie and see the instructions. When I select t type of shot, I assume that the SELECT Should highlite. But it stays grey.

I'm going to venture a guess here... You're trying to select a smart shot while you're not flying? If so: You can't do that. You likely fall into one of two camps of people I've encountered in the last 2 years: Those who say "Well of course I wouldn't try to run a smart shot while the vehicle is parked, that makes no sense at all", or those who say "Oh. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks!" If you're the former type, apologies for the obvious suggestion.

I'm going to venture a guess here... You're trying to select a smart shot while you're not flying? If so: You can't do that. You likely fall into one of two camps of people I've encountered in the last 2 years: Those who say "Well of course I wouldn't try to run a smart shot while the vehicle is parked, that makes no sense at all", or those who say "Oh. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks!" If you're the former type, apologies for the obvious suggestion.
Thanks for the reply, that explains why it worked today. I thought it might be from the GPS cardboard mod, but no.
My thinking was that I could set up the shot on the ground and run the flight. I found Smart Shot part of onscreen manual a bit vague on the nuts and bolts aspect. Just happy to know you folks are there for support. Another happy customer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela